• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    They stepped their game up on the compact...

It appears the compact is going to be very popular, so perhaps that will give them some incentive to come out with some different frame color choices, and maybe even a revised version of the full size.

Took my compact out for a spin yesterday, it's accurate and everything functioned normally, but I had quite a bit of stove piping. I attribute that to several factors, I was using handloads which are a bit underpowered compared to most factory loads, I was using a brand new slide and barrel on a brand new frame, so things are a bit on the tight side fit wise, and Poly80 even suggests using a well broken in slide and barrel to start out with. I was using a factory standard 17 lb. recoil spring, so I'll swap that out for a #15 and use some full power factory loads until things get broken in a little, and I'm pretty confident that will resolve the stove piping issue.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    They stepped their game up on the compact. Took all of 20 minutes to finish, with basic hand tools.

You finished yours already? Holy cow. No pics?

891.jpg

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    What's your total all in cost?

$357.75 for complete slide assembly (shipped).
    Less than $50 in mags, currently.
    About $56 for the frame parts kit.
    About $180 on the frame (shipped via air).

So still under $650, at the moment. I've got another $165 in parts en route to finish this off as I want it.

*If I didn't go with .357SIG, it'd be cheaper to just buy thru an FFL - but fvck the HQL. That's my line in the sand.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I'm thinking of going the other direction, leave the slide 19 but cut the grip down

I thought about doing something similar, but the long slide in .357SIG handles so well for me. And the compact frame fits my hands so much better than the full-frame did, even after a frame reduction.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    $357.75 for complete slide assembly (shipped).
    Less than $50 in mags, currently.
    About $56 for the frame parts kit.
    About $180 on the frame (shipped via air).

So still under $650, at the moment. I've got another $165 in parts en route to finish this off as I want it.

*If I didn't go with .357SIG, it'd be cheaper to just buy thru an FFL - but fvck the HQL. That's my line in the sand.
    Mine as well.. I will have about $650 in mine with a G19 Vickers slide with Wilson Combat sights and 3 mags. :thumbsup:

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Bench vise, drill, dremel (sanding drum/mini milling bit). That's all I needed to knock this one out.

Compared to the 17, you almost have to try to screw up the 19.

Still waiting on some parts for the hybrid setup, but a mock-up on a completed frame.

View attachment 199780

Do you have a link to where you bought your lower? I'd go back and search for it but I guess I'm just lazy. :o I'm thinking of getting in on that one.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Not sure if it's the best place, but they're in stock at Midway USA for $50. See post #33.

Ordered, thanks!

I got the G19 version but I wonder what is different about that and the G17 version? I would think everything LPK wise is the same between a 17 and 19?? I'm pretty sure that the triggers interchange, anyway.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    Ordered, thanks!

I got the G19 version but I wonder what is different about that and the G17 version? I would think everything LPK wise is the same between a 17 and 19?? I'm pretty sure that the triggers interchange, anyway.

Midway sells different LPK's for the 17 and 19. If you are building a 17, you should buy that kit. They are both in stock for $50. Give them a call right away if you need to change the order.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Ordered, thanks!

The difference is in the slide release spring. The 17's is longer, and incompatible in a 19 frame.

Ask me how I know this...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom