• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    Yeah, glockstore had the G19 factory complete upper for $400 w/free ship last night and this am. I decided not to order from them. It's back up to $450 with ~$9 shipping now.

I was turned off by the negative reviews on reseller ratings. At this point in my life, I'd rather not deal with folks that have 12 neg's and one positive review.

http://resellerratings.com/store/Glock_Store_18

Last edited:

dementlr

Feb 8, 2011
    St. Mary's County

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    I was considering building one for fun, but by the time you buy the lower ($120-$140), lower parts kit ($125), and complete slide ($450-$550), you are WELL into the realm of just buying from Glock; am I missing something? (other than the "not registered" part)

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    I was considering building one for fun, but by the time you buy the lower ($120-$140), lower parts kit ($125), and complete slide ($450), you are WELL into the realm of just buying from Glock; am I missing something? (other than the "not registered" part)

Cheaper to find someone selling a used gun out of state, and buy it, but tell them to keep/destroy the frame.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I was considering building one for fun, but by the time you buy the lower ($120-$140), lower parts kit ($125), and complete slide ($450-$550), you are WELL into the realm of just buying from Glock; am I missing something? (other than the "not registered" part)

For me, the allure is the same as it was when building my own AR's and AK's.

There's a level of understanding the "how's and why's" of a firearm when you build it yourself, that you just never really can duplicate unless you build 1 yourself.

Being "off the books" is just a bonus at that point.

Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    For me, the allure is the same as it was when building my own AR's and AK's.

There's a level of understanding the "how's and why's" of a firearm when you build it yourself, that you just never really can duplicate unless you build 1 yourself.

Being "off the books" is just a bonus at that point.

This ^^^^^^

Building an 80% is not and probably never will be about saving money, yet many people continue to focus on that, even though it's relatively common knowledge that in the long run it's cheaper to just buy a factory gun if saving money is the primary goal.

Knowledge gained, the satisfaction of building it yourself, and being off the radar are the key benefits of an 80% build.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    This thing is bad ass! They really got this one right!

Attachments

• IMG_7884.jpg
      IMG_7884.jpg
      53.7 KB · Views: 351
    • IMG_7887.jpg
      IMG_7887.jpg
      69.1 KB · Views: 351

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    They stepped their game up on the compact. Took all of 20 minutes to finish, with basic hand tools.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom