• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    The expensive part is gonna be the slides, everyone is pricing according to this sudden spike in demand, they are running about 100-150 over about a year ago.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    The expensive part is gonna be the slides, everyone is pricing according to this sudden spike in demand, they are running about 100-150 over about a year ago.

Perfect excuse to get a custom slide, since prices on OEM are about the same.

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    Complete slides (barrel, recoil assbly, striker components) are running right now around 375-400

Lower frame components 80-90

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    What's the total price once you buy a slide, trigger, slide lock, takedown bar, pins and plunger, plus sights and mags?

Complete slides (barrel, recoil assbly, striker components) are running right now around 375-400

Lower frame components 80-90

What Fox123 said. If you are like me, you end up putting aftermarket stuff on. Zevtech trigger, extended slide release, threaded barrel etc. You don't save any money but you DO have a gun with no paper trail and you have exactly what you want.

This version has stainless front and rear guide rails. Should hold up nicely.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    What Fox123 said. If you are like me, you end up putting aftermarket stuff on. Zevtech trigger, extended slide release, threaded barrel etc. You don't save any money but you DO have a gun with no paper trail and you have exactly what you want.

This version has stainless front and rear guide rails. Should hold up nicely.

:thumbsup:

dementlr

Feb 8, 2011
    St. Mary's County
    Help. The link does not work for me. What was the source for $139 shipped?

Rainier Arms has them list for preorder, but altos also state that they are adding a nitride treatment to the locking block rails.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Brownells has it for $121 for those with a dealer account (like an FFL03 holder), and coupon code L9S gets you $10 off and free shipping.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I want one of these but I am not going to buy until it can be had for $125 shipped. If it takes two years I don't care, I'm in no hurry.

How does one mill the metal rails on these?

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    What's the total price once you buy a slide, trigger, slide lock, takedown bar, pins and plunger, plus sights and mags?

Making your own is not a cost saving measure. I already have two G19s (gen 3 and a gen 4) so I will share the Gen 3 slide with this one and just get a LPK for the frame.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    I want one of these but I am not going to buy until it can be had for $125 shipped. If it takes two years I don't care, I'm in no hurry.

How does one mill the metal rails on these?

You don't. They have drop in inserts. You mill off those denial blocks flat and drop them right in. The rear rail insert is secured with the rear pin, so I'd go with a steel pin.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Half tempted.

**Price of slides and frame parts kits are ranging from reasonable to 'WTF are you drinking?!?!'

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Oh, well. I Fent hard one for $149 shipped. The drop in metal rear rails really sold me. I got the textured version.

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    I have a Polymer80 Specter gen 1(G17gen3,22,34,35etc) for sale new in box for $100 shipped. PM me if interested.

SOLD

Last edited:

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Oh, well. I Fent hard one for $149 shipped. The drop in metal rear rails really sold me. I got the textured version.

If you have an FFL03, you can get a dealer account at Brownell's. That will get you the $121 pre-order for the compact, or $120 regular price for the full size. Then, add on the coupon codes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Andre

Latest threads

Top Bottom