• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    I believe this gadget would solve that issue.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

No idiots will always be idiots. I say take off the warning labels.

It's seriously not that hard to index off the trigger and make sure your holster is clear.

If you need a product to ensure your safety it's time to take an NRA First Steps class.

natsb

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2013
    southern MD
    No idiots will always be idiots. I say take off the warning labels.

It's seriously not that hard to index off the trigger and make sure your holster is clear.

If you need a product to ensure your safety it's time to take an NRA First Steps class.
    Wow, some cold people out there. Even idiots should be alowed to save thier kneecap.

webb297

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2010
    Bowie
    Some of you might be interested in looking into the creators of this devices background, and maybe re-read the article again. A guarantee on no ND is pretty cheap at $55.00 if you CC inside the waistband.

mopar92

May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Wow, some cold people out there. Even idiots should be alowed to save thier kneecap.

If you rely on a safety feature for your safety simply remember that ALL mechanical items fail.

Like when I had a brand new tire delaminate itself and blow out on a test drive. The TPMS system SHOULD have warned me that something was happening. It didn't and my skill at driving and experience saved me from wrecking a customers 50k+ MB.

Booger hook off bang switch indexed somewhere else and making sure your holster is clear is better than a mechanical device and translates over to ALL firearms. Suppose you buy a S&W M&P instead. Muscle memory from the proper method or training wheel removal unexpectedly? Me and my kneecaps prefer the proper method.

mopar92

May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Some of you might be interested in looking into the creators of this devices background, and maybe re-read the article again. A guarantee on no ND is pretty cheap at $55.00 if you CC inside the waistband.

Won't help if your finger is on the trigger or the pistol snags something on the way in.

Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County
    It sounds like thier heads won't like it, but I bet their legs will.

Tell all the folks with Glock leg that they are "perfectly" safe.

You can't fix stupid. Ask the people responsible for the label on a hair dryer that says "don't use in the shower."

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    If you don't feel a Glock (or any other striker fired pistol with no manual safety or decocker) is safe enough, then maybe you shouldn't own one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ToddG

Jul 5, 2015
    Rockville, MD
    Won't help if your finger is on the trigger or the pistol snags something on the way in.

Respectfully, this is the exact opposite of correct.

The Gadget Striker Control Device is specifically designed to prevent the striker (and thus trigger) of a Glock from moving. So long as pressure is being applied to the Gadget per the instructions, the striker cannot fully cock the pistol and the trigger cannot move rearward.

Thus, "if your finger is on the trigger or the pistol snags something on the way in" and you are applying pressure to the back plate of the Gadget, the gun will not discharge.

--
    Todd Louis Green
    (co-developer of the Gadget Striker Control Device)

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010

Then tell the idiots to stay away from firearms completely... Problem solved. Kneecap saved...

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    FredM's comments in the link provided regarding the Gadget Striker Control Device seem to mirror the OP's.

I have no experience with this device, I'm not adverse to testing gear, but generally prefer to keep things simple. Anything added, to a safety device (ie gun), will require training, or retraining. Although I would be willing to do some casual shooting with the GSCD for arguments sake.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I've been developing a water sensor for that product.....
    Wow, we ought to talk, naybw we can start a company of neat inventions. I have been developing a finger sensor for the Glock trigger. So far it seems to work. It makes a loud bang if you have your finger on the trigger. LMAO

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    If you need a safety, buy a gun with one built in. Use a 1911, buy a Beretta or something else. Why add another step to a gun that was designed to be safe and simple?

Whoa there, Tim!

If the somebody needs some gadget to make themselves feel safe with their Glock then can they really trust themselves going Cocked and Locked with a 1911?

Forget the thumb safety and you're looking like ESN. Charles Parker III on McHale's Navy

No,since the OP rather invest in gadgets then training, maybe he should carry Condition 3 or opt for a DAO, Hammerless Revolver.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom