• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Pretoria78

URX Fan
    Mar 30, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    I've been using the Gadget for a few years now and recommend it without reservation for anyone who owns a Glock. It offers a measure of safety when holstering that's ingenious, discreet and reliable. There are no downsides or drawbacks to using it. Mine has given reliable service over 39,000 rounds thru my Glock 17 Gen 4, and I'll be shooting it until the gun breaks.

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    I think this takes away the simplicity of a Glock, and the "point and shoot" reason a lot of people buy Glocks.

Some good points made in the comments section in the link below the article.

I do agree that even with the most training and focus, we as humans, can and will make mistakes. This fact should never be underestimated when handling firearms.

Training & experience is great, but does not make someone a robot that can't make mistakes.
    With this fact kept in mind, it keeps me in the safest mindset possible. We are not perfect, no. But I don't feel the need to neuter a glock because of this fact.

I would just buy a gun with a safety, if the human error factor was just too much to handle worrying about.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    You may have shot WAY more rounds then me but I've pointed my gun at way more people.

I've got great booger hook control

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    It doesn't affect the "point and shoot simplicity" at all. You still just pull it and shoot. It only adds a layer of safety to prevent accidental trigger pull by stray objects when holstering. It also doesn't add any additional steps as your thumb should be in that spot when pushing the gun back into the holster.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    And maybe should have. Like Glocks or not, those things have been dropped in mud, buried in sand and cooked in ovens and when you pull the trigger they still go bang. Lint would be the least of my worries. Hell, I hardly ever get a lint ball in my belly button any more.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I've been using the Gadget for a few years now and recommend it without reservation for anyone who owns a Glock. It offers a measure of safety when holstering that's ingenious, discreet and reliable. There are no downsides or drawbacks to using it. Mine has given reliable service over 39,000 rounds thru my Glock 17 Gen 4, and I'll be shooting it until the gun breaks.
    Glock's are safe just the way they come from the factory. Thanks, but no thanks. Adding after market "safety" accessories that must be installed is not something I would do. What happens when your muscle memory with this gadget develops to include putting your thumb on the back plate every time and yet you still get your finger on the trigger? Same result, bang. Better to spend your time developing muscle memory to keep your finger off the trigger until ready to fire. IMHO

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Glock's are safe just the way they come from the factory. Thanks, but no thanks. Adding after market "safety" accessories that must be installed is not something I would do. What happens when your muscle memory with this gadget develops to include putting your thumb on the back plate every time and yet you still get your finger on the trigger? Same result, bang. Better to spend your time developing muscle memory to keep your finger off the trigger until ready to fire. IMHO

Apparently you made your decision without reading the article. If you put your thumb on the device, you can not pull the trigger. My muscle memory tells me to place the heal of my hand on my XD when I holster it. Believe it or not, I've never attempted to do that while my finger was on the trigger. I'd need a very long booger picker.

TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland
    I really believe this product is intended to reduce accidental discharges when something other than a finger pulls the trigger and while I can see the benefit in that, I see more benefit in being very deliberate with every action taken when a gun is in your hand.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Apparently you made your decision without reading the article. If you put your thumb on the device, you can not pull the trigger. My muscle memory tells me to place the heal of my hand on my XD when I holster it. Believe it or not, I've never attempted to do that while my finger was on the trigger. I'd need a very long booger picker.
    Perhaps, but I still wouldn't modify the safety features put in place by a manufacturer.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    are you in some way affiliated with the company that sells these?

RationalGun

Jan 24, 2012
    NoVA
    Perhaps, but I still wouldn't modify the safety features put in place by a manufacturer.

You may have shot WAY more rounds then me but I've pointed my gun at way more people.

I've got great booger hook control

You and the OP should trade deployment stories. You never know, you might be bragging about pointing guns at people to someone who's done a bit more than that :lol:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom