• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Printed my label this morning. Mine is still unfired .......from June:o :sad20:

Chowda69

Apr 5, 2012
    Maryland (ugh)
    I shipped mine out on Friday (30 Aug 13), I took all accessories and magazines out of the case and shipped just the gun. I also put a piece of paper with my Name, Address, Phone Number, E-Mail address, and Gun serial number in with the gun. Call me paranoid but I am freaked out that all I have to show for my gun is a little slip of paper from Fed-Ex.

Shipped my gun out Sept 3rd and put the same info inside the box. FYI, you can bring the gun to a Fed ex Parcel plus. I would just call ahead before hand.

oldsarge

Old & Crusty
    Jan 14, 2009
    Calvert County
    Mine is due at Springfield Arms today. I shipped it out on Saturday with the Fed Ex 2 day shipping label they sent me. I guess with the weekend and holiday, 2 days means 4. I put mine in a 5X8X2 box with foam inserts that a computer part had come in. It fit perfectly and was well protected. I also used copious amounts of tape to seal it up.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    I've received my XDs 45 in an early release. Anyone here think I should consider waiting until my background check comes back?

Your release wasn't "early," as I assume it was at least on the 8th day or later after the application, which is perfectly legal - not "early." I can fathom no reason you would want to wait to ship back to SA unless you think or know that you will ultimately be disqualified after MSP issues a belated decision. I will pick mine up very soon (before a ND even comes back from MSP), and already have the Fed-X label and box ready to go, and it will be at Fed-X for shipping back to SA the next morning.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Don't send them your magazines.

I don't know why anyone would send your magazines with the pistol. But they may not be able to ship them back if the repair takes longer than October first.

Just a passing thought.

Yeah, for this repair they shouldn't be necessary. It would suck if someone got their mags ganked because they were illegal to transfer back to a restrictive state like CA or MD.

seawolf823

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Dec 18, 2011
    Timonium
    Mine was received by SA on Sept 3 but still havent heard anything. According to SA it is about a 30 day turn around.

torched02

Rottie's Rule!
    May 6, 2013
    just to be safe, we can hand carry the gun to fedex and ship ? No FFL required ?

How did you all ship it ? in the gun case ?

Must ship in a hard case, no mags obviously. No FFL required they should have sent you a shipping label link by e-mail. You can package it up at home and have FedEx pick it up at your house. No fuss no muss.....taking about 30 days for the fix. (replacing the grip safety mechanism.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom