• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    That must really suck if your primary was the Shield and backup an XDs. I had my primary break on me during an IDPA match. Kahr service was excellent; but they blamed the ammo. Cost me about $100 total. They did polish the ramp and something else minor (for free). Even the best guns are not 100%, that's why you should own two. :)

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Supposedly affects ALL XDS pistols. On XDtalk there was one with a known trigger reset issue that fired and dumped a mag, about 3 or 4 others are doubling a couple rounds FA. They are shipping kits to FFLs with affected stock that includes the updated trigger parts and grip safety, I would love to get a hold of a kit, and just do the recall myself, I'll wait till the dust clears before I send mine in.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    That must really suck if your primary was the Shield and backup an XDs. I had my primary break on me during an IDPA match. Kahr service was excellent; but they blamed the ammo. Cost me about $100 total. They did polish the ramp and something else minor (for free). Even the best guns are not 100%, that's why you should own two HUNDRED. :)

Fixed it for you :D

Celtic159

Nov 27, 2008
    Poolesville
    Mine's covered too, dammit.

I have to ask though, I thought it wasn't kosher to ship and receive firearms without going through an FFL.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Law allows shipment back to manufacturer but not through USPS. The manufacturer is an FFL. No different than a personal shipment to an OOS FFL if the FFL allows it. Return shipment to you from the FFL is legal if it was sent for repairs.

IANAL

Mrhyde

Capitalist-Pig
    May 22, 2010
    Bel Air MD
    Don't send them your magazines.

I don't know why anyone would send your magazines with the pistol. But they may not be able to ship them back if the repair takes longer than October first.

Just a passing thought.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Don't send them your magazines.

I don't know why anyone would send your magazines with the pistol. But they may not be able to ship them back if the repair takes longer than October first.

Just a passing thought.

Agreed, you should never send mags or any other accessories, or even manual, etc. It's just one more thing the company will have to try to keep track of and likely lose. Even the recall instructions say only send the gun, and they tell you exactly how to send the gun - nice and legal.

But, --- all XDs' are 7 round magazines or less, so you still won't fall afoul of the new 10 round mag limit affecting us all this October 1st.

Stay safe!

Last edited:

oldsarge

Old & Crusty
    Jan 14, 2009
    Calvert County
    Mine was recalled. Sent it back today. Their instructions said not to send back any accessories or mags, just the pistol. They emailed me a Fed Ex 2 day air shipping label.

TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland
    My XDs is scheduled for delivery to Springfield tomorrow. Let's keep this thread updated with correspondence from Springfield so we can keep track of their progress.

I just put on my Powder River Precision X-treme grips a few weeks ago. I hope they don't screw them up.

Chris05STi

Jul 15, 2012
    How did everyone ship theirs? Take everything out of the carrying case and just put the gun in there then put that inside the FedEx box??

jaydubya

Aug 14, 2013
    This recall applies to my XDS and I need to ship it. Can anyone give advice on how to package for shipping? Should I use the case that the gun came in?

SargeTMC

Army Retired (EOD)
    May 30, 2013
    Joppa, MD
    I shipped mine out on Friday (30 Aug 13), I took all accessories and magazines out of the case and shipped just the gun. I also put a piece of paper with my Name, Address, Phone Number, E-Mail address, and Gun serial number in with the gun. Call me paranoid but I am freaked out that all I have to show for my gun is a little slip of paper from Fed-Ex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom