• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    I think this happened to me!

I loaded a magazine, hit the slide release, and fired a shot unexpectedly. I thought that I had accidentally squeezed the trigger, but I never put my finger inside the trigger guard unless I intend to squeeze the trigger. My years on my ship's security alert team and vertical boarding, search, and seizure team drilled into my head to never put a finger on the trigger unless you are on target. At the time I was thinking that I was slipping a little and not being as safe as I should be.

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    Drat, I'll be pulling the 5 I got in yesterday right off the shelf to check serial numbers. Good catch op.

Chris05STi

Jul 15, 2012
    Anyone know what they are replacing???? I got the Powder River Precision trigger spring kit and extended grip safety. My XDS falls in the serial number series for the recall but I wonder because of my aftermarket parts my gun is ok? Just trying to find out exactly what they are replacing in the recall.

TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland
    Anyone know what they are replacing???? I got the Powder River Precision trigger spring kit and extended grip safety. My XDS falls in the serial number series for the recall but I wonder because of my aftermarket parts my gun is ok? Just trying to find out exactly what they are replacing in the recall.

It sounds like a striker problem, not a trigger problem. I'd contact them and ask, and maybe revert your gun to factory parts if necessary.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Thanks for posting - I registered for the recall online and before I knew it they generated a RA and Fed-X label - too bad the firearm is still in "jail" for who knows how long? :sad20:

redhawk_hj

May 29, 2013
    montgomery county
    I think this happened to me!

I loaded a magazine, hit the slide release, and fired a shot unexpectedly. I thought that I had accidentally squeezed the trigger, but I never put my finger inside the trigger guard unless I intend to squeeze the trigger. My years on my ship's security alert team and vertical boarding, search, and seizure team drilled into my head to never put a finger on the trigger unless you are on target. At the time I was thinking that I was slipping a little and not being as safe as I should be.

hopefully you weren't at home!

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    just to be safe, we can hand carry the gun to fedex and ship ? No FFL required ?

How did you all ship it ? in the gun case ?

Put it in the original case, unless you have a smaller hard case (to eliminate the size of the mags, mag pouch, holster, etc.), then put it inside a fed-x box with some paper to fill the voids, slap the label on it, and take it to a fed-x location (not a postal plus or whatever, an actual fed-x drop off/shipping facility), don't put any other markings on the box, tell fed-x its a firearm. I often tell them its a "defective" firearm, especially if anyone else is within ear shot. Never had a problem. For the return address, they will require an adult signature, so if you won't be at your home to sign you may want to have it shipped to your work if that won't get you in any trouble - but you will have to tell SA that so they get it right.

Chowda69

Apr 5, 2012
    Maryland (ugh)
    Put it in the original case, unless you have a smaller hard case (to eliminate the size of the mags, mag pouch, holster, etc.), then put it inside a fed-x box with some paper to fill the voids, slap the label on it, and take it to a fed-x location (not a postal plus or whatever, an actual fed-x drop off/shipping facility), don't put any other markings on the box, tell fed-x its a firearm. I often tell them its a "defective" firearm, especially if anyone else is within ear shot. Never had a problem. For the return address, they will require an adult signature, so if you won't be at your home to sign you may want to have it shipped to your work if that won't get you in any trouble - but you will have to tell SA that so they get it right.

Thanks for the info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom