• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    Here is a 7" AR pistol that I am working on with an A1 upper. I have been patiently waiting for my Ace pistol buffer tube for 8 weeks! I threw a carbine buffer tube on it one afternoon and cycled 30 rounds through it flawlessly. I have an A3 flat top receiver that I may swap out with it later. Overall length with a carbine buffer tube is 23".

Attachments

• IMG_0089.jpg
      IMG_0089.jpg
      122.8 KB · Views: 1,204
    Last edited:

jcbvh

Dec 30, 2012
    Louisiana Cajun Country
    Here is a 7" AR pistol that I am working on with an A2 upper. I have been patiently waiting for my Ace pistol buffer tube for 8 weeks! I threw a carbine buffer tube on it one afternoon and cycled 30 rounds through it flawlessly. I have an A3 flat top receiver that I may swap out with it later. Overall length with a carbine buffer tube is 23".

Sweet!

CrabbyMcNab

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2009
    I must have one. I need to run home and find out if my 4473 says rifle or other!
    Now to start looking for parts.

556ready

Mar 5, 2012
    AAco
    my recent build

This thread, mainly this build is about to cost me a bunch of money lol what shop or who should I talk to about getting my hands on a short barrel. I don't really know how the class 3 thing works. Thanks for the info!!!

r3t1awr3yd

Meh.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 14, 2010
    Bowie, MD
    Who doesn't love AR Pistols? You can cut your barrel down or order one already shortened, your choice. Just remember that NO-STOCK bit. :)

9mm before the MBUISs and muzzle device.
    8469713642_88b922c8ed_c.jpg

.22 before the ACE end plate.
    8268354370_8106e9a4c2_c.jpg

556ready

Mar 5, 2012
    AAco
    Who doesn't love AR Pistols? You can cut your barrel down or order one already shortened, your choice. Just remember that NO-STOCK

SoOoOo...I can order a pistol buffer and short barrel upper throw them on a lower I already have and Im good?

jcbvh

Dec 30, 2012
    Louisiana Cajun Country

jcbvh

Dec 30, 2012
    Louisiana Cajun Country

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    Do you have to use a 'pistol' buffer tube? Or can you just use a regular buffer tube and just leave the stock off?

HarCo2ANewb

Subibro
    Mar 24, 2011
    Elkridge
    Do you have to use a 'pistol' buffer tube? Or can you just use a regular buffer tube and just leave the stock off?

You CAN use a regular one but the ATF can assume what they call "Constructive Intent" which means they feel that you may be turning it into an illegal SBR if the tube is left unaltered. Many times people will wrap the tube either in paracord or some other kind of wrap, anything that makes it harder for someone to put a stock on it. You go wrong here, the max penalties are huge which is why I opted for the pistol tube, especially at only $70.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom