• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I agree. But even a thinner glove will help significantly. I usually where the Mechanix line of gloves when I shoot in the cold. Give enough dexterity to manipulate handguns, AR's, etc. and prevents direct content with cold metal and the weather.

If you don't have the luxury of pausing to warm up your hands for whatever reason, Outdoor Research Poseidon gloves are probably your best bet. They are definitely bulkier and not as dexterous but USSOCOM has been issuing these to SOF units for a while.

I wear the basic mechanix pull on gloves in multicam as my basic hunting and shooting gloves. Will typically stop thorns (at least on the palms and will blunt them on the backs), pinched skin and abrasions. Thin enough for excellent manual dexterity (I can load 22lr mags if I am careful!), because they are leather palms and pads I can type on my phone (carefully).

Works great down to about 50F to keep my hands warm.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    Until new technology is developed, I do not believe the OP's gloves are yet made.

Agree. I buy gloves often. If I think they'll be better than what I have. The closest you might get is some that were by Cabelas. Waterfowl gloves might be your ticket. Insulated Mechanix gloves you could try.

Last edited:

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    If I need to keep hands warm, but need to use fingers from time to time, I take the finger tips off the old green wool Army glove liners. Use them with a heavy wool or insulated shell.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    If I need to keep hands warm, but need to use fingers from time to time, I take the finger tips off the old green wool Army glove liners. Use them with a heavy wool or insulated shell.

Thats all I do, I cut them right in front of the first knuckle because they will unravel a little bit before they settle in.

If I'm going to sit for a long time when its really cold I just use the mittens and prefer the ones with the magnet and just switch them out right before dark.

Either way for hunting purposes your hands are going to get cold when your watching something and remaining still.

Outside of that occasionally I will wear the throw away cotton liners that come from Granger or just leather work gloves or both or just use the cut off liners for loading.

If its wet I just use the red or blue cotton dipped waterman gloves. I wore HV class 2 and 3 rubber gloves with leather protectors for years everyday with sleeves to boot. You can get amazing dexterity with them but never enough to manipulate a 177 pellet or 22 cartridge effectively. They will keep your hands warm though as long as you leave them on.

melikou1

Aug 31, 2017
    The 'Dena, MD

Hansum

Feb 14, 2019
    I'm sure you've already found something, but as long as you aren't going to be getting your hands wet, check out the Mechanix 2x material gloves. They are reinforced leather palm with a velcro security strap. I've held onto a single pair for about 2 years and they are used in temperatures down to 10F and up to 100F. As far as dexterity, I'm doing everything from phone wire splicing to driving J hooks in utility poles. They are also my only shooting gloves. Thumbing mags, reloading, and calibrating sights can be done effortlessly with these gloves. For around $20 you can't go wrong.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom