• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Got laid off last Monday so I figured, what the heck, maybe I have one more hunt left in me...

A 2 year old spike. Huge!

Attachments

• 20190128_174207.jpg
      20190128_174207.jpg
      146.6 KB · Views: 259

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    Thats a good one for sure. Before you know it , it will be time to go again.

It's a shame it didn't get cold this year until near the very end to get them moving more.

Have you had any trouble with them learning to spin the feeder out? Once they start they will learn from each other quick and then go at it all night a lot of times. I screwed a bucket to the bottom of a couple of ours and they still try to stick their heads up into them.

Mike3888

Mike3888
    Feb 21, 2013
    Dundalk, Md-Mifflin,Pa
    Yes they have spun it out on this spot. It’s a buddy of mines feeder. First time he’s put one out he’ll figure out. Yeah the cold weather came to late since we had lots of water laying. I gave up on the sika farm mid January since we were busting ice to get to stands.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Until I get work into my shop to do, I'm laid off.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    That stinks, it will warm up soon and hopefully work will pick-up.

I work for rich(ish) liberals in MoCo and DC. Right now, they all seem to be sitting on their money. I'm sure the partial shutdown may have a little to do with this, either mentally or physically. Eventually, they'll get tired of not spending money and I will be back in business...hopefully. Once the tax refunds start hitting bank accounts. Inside the beltway is a different world.

I think I'll hit my friend's farm in the AM. He's got a bunch of yotes running around out there. He works at Avenel TPC. He was out on their terrace last night and said the coyotes were out there on the fairway raising holy hell! Too bad I can't 'fish that pond'. :o

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    Congrats Doc and Dave. I ended up with a nice doe late Saturday. Got her in one of thickest nastiest green briar patch you’ve ever seen. My beagles won’t even go in. I keep a narrow path cut and like this spot late season. Biggest problem is it sucks getting them out.

I've always wondered why deer can get through sticker patches like that. You'd think it would poke them too, just like it does us, or like it does any other animal. Yet I've seen deer run into them at full speed with nary a concern in the world. I don't get it.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I've always wondered why deer can get through sticker patches like that. You'd think it would poke them too, just like it does us, or like it does any other animal. Yet I've seen deer run into them at full speed with nary a concern in the world. I don't get it.

When you walk down a trail flanked by rosa multiflora, notice that the main, older tendrils (for lack of a better word) hanging across the trail are almost thornless. It's due to deer traffic mostly. Their costs are like the old Vietnam era flack vests. Don't stop bullets, but they do absorb the small stuff.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    I work for rich(ish) liberals in MoCo and DC. Right now, they all seem to be sitting on their money. I'm sure the partial shutdown may have a little to do with this, either mentally or physically. Eventually, they'll get tired of not spending money and I will be back in business...hopefully. Once the tax refunds start hitting bank accounts. Inside the beltway is a different world.

I think I'll hit my friend's farm in the AM. He's got a bunch of yotes running around out there. He works at Avenel TPC. He was out on their terrace last night and said the coyotes were out there on the fairway raising holy hell! Too bad I can't 'fish that pond'. :o
    just go fish it worst they do is tell you to never come back ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom