• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Crawls

Apr 2, 2011
    Frederick, MD
    I find it interesting that 620 is considered a low post count and that the OP, who has been a member of this forum since 2008, was so quickly compared to a TV pitchman.
    Given the speed which this product met its fundraising goals, it is hard to doubt there there are a bunch people out there that are excited by this product and believe it has merit. I give the OP benefit of the doubt that he was just excited about the product and wanted to share the word that this product was finally available to the masses.

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    I believe if everyone who posted here about this thing were actually in person talking about it, that things would sound much different.
    A lot of/all/most human factor definitely gets lost through text.

Nature of the beast.

I agree some of it is lost in translation and most folks here are great people.

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    I find it interesting that 620 is considered a low post count and that the OP, who has been a member of this forum since 2008, was so quickly compared to a TV pitchman.
    Given the speed which this product met its fundraising goals, it is hard to doubt there there are a bunch people out there that are excited by this product and believe it has merit. I give the OP benefit of the doubt that he was just excited about the product and wanted to share the word that this product was finally available to the masses.

The slow con :sarcasm:

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Just on a whim, have been carrying AIWB when I can the past few days. And now I'm starting to see why some people would be interested in such a device, and I'm also realizing how some people are keeping their thumb on the back of the slide while re-holstering now. (It originally didn't make sense to me since I'm accustomed to OWB strong-side carry.)

I'm not saying I'll be running out to get a Glock and a Gadget, but I'm starting to see some of the thought processes behind it.

My opinion of most of the holstering issues with AIWB being resolved by training hasn't changed, but that's my opinion from my perspective of how I carry, as a normal guy who ccw's when he can.

**With some of the minimalist holsters available that don't fully enclose the trigger/trigger guard, like the one I've been using, it's helped my mind work things out.

***But I will say, even with the minimalist holster and AIWB, my junk and legs are free of gunshot wounds - but I attribute that to not being in a rush while holstering, and paying attention to what I'm doing. :)

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Just on a whim, have been carrying AIWB when I can the past few days. And now I'm starting to see why some people would be interested in such a device, and I'm also realizing how some people are keeping their thumb on the back of the slide while re-holstering now. (It originally didn't make sense to me since I'm accustomed to OWB strong-side carry.)

I'm not saying I'll be running out to get a Glock and a Gadget, but I'm starting to see some of the thought processes behind it.

My opinion of most of the holstering issues with AIWB being resolved by training hasn't changed, but that's my opinion from my perspective of how I carry, as a normal guy who ccw's when he can.

**With some of the minimalist holsters available that don't fully enclose the trigger/trigger guard, like the one I've been using, it's helped my mind work things out.

***But I will say, even with the minimalist holster and AIWB, my junk and legs are free of gunshot wounds - but I attribute that to not being in a rush while holstering, and paying attention to what I'm doing.
    :)

Therein lies the solution... Adding more steps to any process has never made that process less complicated.

The automotive industry is proving that... They've incorporated all manner of new "safety devices" to the cars they produce. In many cases these new devices have succeeded in making the cars more easily hacked and therefore less safe.

Airbags were added so they could save lives... The resulting celebratory claims of the great new product were deafening. Then... Children were killed by the airbags. Unintended consequences can be devastating.

New products must be scrutinized... Liabilities found and brought to bear... It is a fact of a stable capitalism.

Sgt6402

Jan 21, 2008
    md
    Sorry we have to connect the dots for you.

Thanks for spelling it out Mopar. :thumbsup:

Haha, ok.......... like I said, my post had nothing to do with the Original OP and the product.... more about You assuming someone with a low post count has little knowledge or experience............

Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County
    Haha, ok.......... like I said, my post had nothing to do with the Original OP and the product.... more about You assuming someone with a low post count has little knowledge or experience............

Speaking of assumptions, I didn't make any such claim. It was quite clear from the first post that it was a mini advert that I could read in the voice of Billy Mays. This was done on other forums as well, if you read all the way through this lovely thread. I prefer people to be upfront about things. Advertising as a non IP is frowned upon here.

webb297

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2010
    Bowie
    Speaking of assumptions, I didn't make any such claim. It was quite clear from the first post that it was a mini advert that I could read in the voice of Billy Mays. This was done on other forums as well, if you read all the way through this lovely thread. I prefer people to be upfront about things. Advertising as a non IP is frowned upon here.

Billy Mays is a paid spokes person with no experience or expertise with the products he pushes, basically just a paid pitchman.

I think that the opinion of a person who has spent 2 years testing a product for safety, reliability and function (without any payment or compensation and in fact will not be paid a single penny other than being allowed to keep the test unit free of charge) would be deserving of a bit more deference, if not respect. We should be able to respect opinions from reasonable people with real world experience, even if we do not agree with them.

This continued reference to Billy Mays is not accurate and I believe disrespectful to a person who believes in the products he vetted through testing, and has good cause to do so.

The OP makes no money off the sale of the item, and all of the posts describing this device were left up, so the Mods must not have thought anybody was doing anything against Forum rules.

Only one person in this thread will make money off this item and he told you not to buy if you don't like it. How much more anti-advertising can you get?

Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County
    So much butthurt over free marketing. See it is as you like. We don't have to agree. Many of the posts in this thread are free marketing on a forum, veiled as "hey guys, I just found a cool product." Full disclosure of conflict of interest is just in good form. This reeks of "an inconvenient truth" tactics.

Sgt6402

Jan 21, 2008
    md
    Regardless, you did make reference to low post count for some reason and I quoted it in a previous post............... I may be wrong but based on what I have read, you just like to hear yourself talk and blast anything or others when you can...................

Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County
    Regardless, you did make reference to low post count for some reason and I quoted it in a previous post............... I may be wrong but based on what I have read, you just like to hear yourself talk and blast anything or others when you can...................

Says the man that keeps digging for things that are not there. I make a living spotting patterns, and creating solutions. Patterns that begin with the little things others ignore.

Feb 28, 2013
    Oh, for the love of Pete....:facepalm:

Why the hell can't we just simply say "no, I see no real need to add more moving parts to an otherwise perfectly normal pistol" and leave it at that?

If the man running this site were concerned about someone getting free advertising this thread would have been nuked a long time ago.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom