• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    Finally got over to pick my 64 up today. Mine's a round-butt 64-6. Can't wait to polish and clean her up, but she's in very good shape already.

on_the_rox

Ultimate Member
    Oct 16, 2009
    Whiteford, MD
    Five Point Star. Just wanted to say that I finally got around to shooting my Model 64 friom this group buy yesterday. I can honestly say that I cannot be happier with the gun or the way it shoots. Thank you so much for all the hard work you put into this buy!!!!

vfr750f

Feb 2, 2008
    I also want to extend my thanks to Fivepointstar. I got in on the Model 10 and Model 64 deal and shot both of them back to back last Friday. 50 rounds of my reloads using 158 grain SWC lead bullets through each. The Model 10 came with Pachmayr grips while the Model 64 came with Uncle Mike's grips which gives each revolver a unique feel.

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    I also want to extend my thanks to Fivepointstar. I got in on the Model 10 and Model 64 deal and shot both of them back to back last Friday. 50 rounds of my reloads using 158 grain SWC lead bullets through each. The Model 10 came with Pachmayr grips while the Model 64 came with Uncle Mike's grips which gives each revolver a unique feel.

Thats awesome!!!!! I'm glad you enjoy them

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    Any one know if these S&W Model 10s are +p rated? The one I have is from the mid to late 80s. I'm working up some hot 110 grain rounds and I want to make sure she is +p rated and can handle them.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Any one know if these S&W Model 10s are +p rated? The one I have is from the mid to late 80s. I'm working up some hot 110 grain rounds and I want to make sure she is +p rated and can handle them.

Smith & Wesson once said that anything with a model number (post 1957) is +P rated....the argument being that the pressure in older ammo was higher than what is in factory ammo today. I would not shoot a steady diet of +p, but I am sure it can handle some.

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    Made a bunch of test rounds. Max is 8.4 grains of HS6 pushing a 110 grain Hornady XTP. Needs enough velocity to open.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom