• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mikey6480

Aug 6, 2011
    Dude... you pay taxes to get great services..look at viriginia.. they dont even build roads. Their "highways" are back roads and their traffic is horrible...for example. I dont ubdwratand how republicans dont understand why paying taxes is important. Schools, services, pretty much all public services...ever heard the saying you get what you pay for?

Love how you just label "republicans" as people who don't want to pay taxes. You seem to know very little about the subject as a whole.

1. There are many different types of taxes that are collected from different areas. Your roadway examples should all be able to be funded from Vehicle registration (which is a tax) and tolls (which are taxes).

2. Schools are funded through property taxes (mostly). But why should those without children or who pay for private education be RESPONSIBLE to fund education for others?

3. "Other" public services....well it all depends i guess

Point being that taxes should only be levied and used to pay for items that are beneficial to the tax base, not a redistribution of wealth that you DEMOCRATS seem to enjoy. The only method the government has for generating revenue is through taxation of the people (either directly or indirectly) and those funds should only be used when they benefit the public as a whole. If the bleeding hearts want to fund their own causes then let them, I have no problem with that. The problem I have is that I don't have the choice. The difference between people like you and people like me is you want to force your ideals on me, and i'm happy to let you believe in whatever you want so long as you aren't forcing me to pay for it. If you want to take portions of your salary to fund social programs then please do so. I do not want to fund these things, I want to have people earn EVERYTHING they get because that is what I believe it right. Simply existing and/or having A JOB does not entitle you to anything more than the salary you agreed to when you decided to take that job.

Now just imagine that you got to keep half of what the government takes from you. Would you give that away to social programs (section 8 housing, food stamps, grant programs for college, children's health card, etc.) or would you just keep it and spend it on what you want?

Gmercury2000

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2013
    Gambrills
    Love how you just label "republicans" as people who don't want to pay taxes. You seem to know very little about the subject as a whole.

1. There are many different types of taxes that are collected from different areas. Your roadway examples should all be able to be funded from Vehicle registration (which is a tax) and tolls (which are taxes).

2. Schools are funded through property taxes (mostly). But why should those without children or who pay for private education be RESPONSIBLE to fund education for others?

Point being that taxes should only be levied and used to pay for items that are beneficial to the tax base, not a redistribution of wealth that you DEMOCRATS seem to enjoy. The only method the government has for generating revenue is through taxation of the people (either directly or indirectly) and those funds should only be used when they benefit the public as a whole. If the bleeding hearts want to fund their own causes then let them, I have no problem with that. The problem I have is that I don't have the choice. The difference between people like you and people like me is you want to force your ideals on me, and i'm happy to let you believe in whatever you want so long as you aren't forcing me to pay for it. If you want to take portions of your salary to fund social programs then please do so. I do not want to fund these things, I want to have people earn EVERYTHING they get because that is what I believe it right. Simply existing and/or having A JOB does not entitle you to anything more than the salary you agreed to when you decided to take that job.

Now just imagine that you got to keep half of what the government takes from you. Would you give that away to social programs (section 8 housing, food stamps, grant programs for college, children's health card, etc.) or would you just keep it and spend it on what you want?

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Seems to me that Mr. tons of guns is just trying to get everyone all twisted up. Don't take the bait.

:thumbsup:

Dec 21, 2014
    Haha no Baltimore gets what you pay for.

Largely because the I-95 Axis loots the rest of the state. Especially Southern Maryland.

... True. If only the politicians allocate the monies in earnest to those budgets. Ever look at the state budget in detail?

Maybe this will change under the new leadership. A small businessman will certainly have a keen eye out for wasteful spending. Let's hope he isn't being held hostage by special interests..

Obviously someone has never been out of Maryland, lives within walking distance to their work and works for the government.

Gentlemen, AMEN to all!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom