• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FFMike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2010
    Howard County
    Mine is on the truck due back to me today. I sent it in January 23rd from the fed ex depot on Hammonds Ferry Rd. I did not think it was too long of a wait. Glad to have it back as when Spring hits we will be traveling again out of state and it is my CCW.

I think it paid to wait to send it in after the initial swamping they had.

UPDATE: 25 mins later Fed Ex pulls up with my XDs.... Received with a new 7 round mag! Dry fire with a snap cap and trigger feels the same. Guess I need a trip to the range!

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Finally sent mine in on 5-16, got it back today 5-23, 1 week total including shipping. I've been waiting till all the drama and F-ups were handled, and it looks like they were. I was a bit nervous as a few people have reported getting their pistol back with a crappy, heavy trigger. Mine went out with a 6#3oz pull came back with a 5#8oz one. I did some stoning and polishing when I got the pistol, so it was pretty smooth, and came back that way except for a little roughness on the striker tab face, but easy enough to square and stone them away, then polish it. I did install a couple parts from a PDP spring kit, striker button spring(smoother pull), trigger paddle spring(less noticeable safety tab) and trigger assist spring(reduces takeup weight) didn't do the grip safety spring being it made it too light IMO, and doesn't affect actual pull, and didn't do the striker spring, I carry it, so that is never a good mod on a carry gun, and a good way to get misfires. Outside of being a little lighter it is indeed smoother(glass smooth after touching up the striker surface) with a touch less overtravel.

The redesign also uses the grip safety to prevent the sear from dropping down now, where before it prevented it from moving rearwards from a rested position only, small difference, but better design now. Springfield botched the recall rollout horribly, but they have since gotten it together and now handling it as it should be. So if you haven't sent it in yet, go ahead, free mag and small cheap case, 1wk turnaround, with a better design and better trigger, even if the pre-recall design would have never caused a problem it's still worth it now.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Good thing you didn't shoot your eye out during the interim! LOL

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I picked one up over the summer. I sent it in, it was back in about a week with a spare mag and a nice small case (I did NOT send the case in with it).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom