• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    Glock 26, but I'm not sure of the holster yet.

We have carried the G26/7 in a crossbreed and a N82 holster. We get into Florida a lot.

The N82 holster (pro model made of plastic) is awesome quality, comfortable as hell and easy to use. It has a retention feature that requires you to twist the gun a little upon the draw. Easy to get and learn. It attaches with one clip that has never slipped on me. The downsides for me are that the t-shirts or polos I have worn can get a fold slightly caught between the top of the sweat shield/pad and my body, making it possible to tell I am carrying. It does not get in the way of a draw, it's just that on my frame if I bend over or kneel, there will be a slight tell-tale crease at the top of the holster. This is because the N82 shield comes up a bit higher, I am short, and my body tends to flex at that same height.

The crossbreed has a shorter and more stiff shield, no retention but does not crease my clothing in any way. I have rode a bike over 12 miles in the rain, while carrying, without an issue (that was with a Sig P238, though). Crossbred attaches with two clips. It is comfortable and works as advertised. Simple and simple.

I have gone through Remora and "Sticky" no-clip holsters and they have their place, albeit small. I'd avoid them as primary options and treat them as special-need (cargo pants pocket comes to mind).

I don't conceal often while I am in Florida, but when I do it is for long periods (whole day). Basically, we only carry when we go to the long ends of town, where the shopping centers (and unfortunate carjackings, etc.) occur. Near to home, we don't bother. Our basic uniform is shorts and tees.

Neither of these are useful for carrying with a tucked short. The N82 has an option for those who tuck, but I didn't get it.

If you are like us, you'll end up with a box of holsters and will mix and match depending on condition and what you are carrying and wearing. I will go between the two and slightly favor the crossbreed. My wife favors the crossbreed (she is shorter than me). But if you are taller than me (5' 6") you almost surely won't run into the creasing issue. Or maybe yet, you won't care one way or the other. I like to be concealed as in, "no way that dud has a gun." YMMV.

lilgibby

"man gotta have a code."
    Sep 17, 2011
    Elkton
    decided to purchase an ar15 glocks on hold lol i cant make up my mind on anything but i put in an order with extreme concealment systems there making me my holser and mag carrier for my fullsize px4 storm. looks like this pistol is gonna be my everything handgun. so i guess ill be looing to add some big dot sights and i may end up trying to make the safety into a decocker only.

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    I am in Washington state so I AM carrying a g19 :rasp: Sorry had to rub it in a little. Its nice to be treated like an adult for once.

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    Isn't that like us blaming you for the amount of cloudy days you have to endure?

:kicknuts: Sorry I to rub my foot on your ball...(note: singular was intended :lol2:)

Thankfully its the dry season right now so the jokes on you. Only 1 day of light rain and the rest have been high 60s low 70s partly cloudy to sunny for the past 4 weeks :D

Picture of the weather in general.

And yes this is on topic. I carry my g19 in my neat little Hill People Gear Kit Bag when I am out in the sticks. :cool:

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    Thankfully its the dry season right now so the jokes on you. Only 1 day of light rain and the rest have been high 60s low 70s partly cloudy to sunny for the past 4 weeks :D

Picture of the weather in general.

And yes this is on topic. I carry my g19 in my neat little Hill People Gear Kit Bag when I am out in the sticks. :cool:

I get the joke :sad20:

That's some pretty neat scenery...you lucky bastard!

cjnolen

Registered Coonass
    Apr 9, 2012
    Silver Spring, MD
    I bought a S&W Shield in 9mm in anticipation for the change, but I hate it so I plan on selling it soon. It's too thin for my big meat-mitts, so my hand wraps around too much throwing off my aim. I'm thinking I'll just stick with full size, which is what I carry out of state.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    I bought a S&W Shield in 9mm in anticipation for the change, but I hate it so I plan on selling it soon. It's too thin for my big meat-mitts, so my hand wraps around too much throwing off my aim. I'm thinking I'll just stick with full size, which is what I carry out of state.

Let me know when you're ready to part with it. Depending on price, I maybe interested.

JRoCc

MDS Supporter
    Jun 2, 2010
    Earth
    We have carried the G26/7 in a crossbreed and a N82 holster. We get into Florida a lot.

The N82 holster (pro model made of plastic) is awesome quality, comfortable as hell and easy to use. It has a retention feature that requires you to twist the gun a little upon the draw. Easy to get and learn. It attaches with one clip that has never slipped on me.

This...and to add it also fits all of the other Glocks I own. I was in Pa for a very long Labor Day weekend and alternated carrying my G17, G26, and G23 over a period of 5 days. I ordered the N82 for my G26 and it easily hides the G17 very comfortably. Shorts and a t-shirt.

For the Glock platform...this one holster, thus far, seems to accommodate all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom