• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scrovak

Back in the "Free" State
    May 2, 2011
    Nothing on my homefront. Hoping to get back in touch with these guys soon.

I thought I squared it up with your S/O a week or two ago? I'll bring her my paperwork and see if I can't get you straightened out buddy.

Aug 2, 2007
    Harford County
    Still nothing.

Nothing in the mail and the lady friend can't get in touch with anyone. It's a shame too because when I sent my money I also sent very detailed instructions regarding the fact that I would be deployed and her contact information should any of my tickets win. Hopefully everything gets sorted out.

If the organizers are checking this thread at all PM me.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Nate, I've got Mike's phone number at work. If you don't hear anything by next Tuesday I'll send you the info I have.

scrovak

Back in the "Free" State
    May 2, 2011
    And I texted your lady friend. I could've sworn I remember her saying she got this straightened out a month ago, but I'll follow up.

Aug 2, 2007
    Harford County
    Nate, I've got Mike's phone number at work. If you don't hear anything by next Tuesday I'll send you the info I have.

I'd appreciate it, we got an MWR phone installed here so I can make calls out to the states.

Again, I mean in no way to disparage the organizers of this event. I am just trying to stay on top of things since it seems like most peoples' vouchers were sent out a few weeks ago.

Last edited:
    Aug 2, 2007
    Harford County
    Nearly 3 months and nothing? I'd be pissed.

Technically not nothing, my girlfriend was able to get in touch with one of the guys shortly after the drawing but no decision was made concerning my situation. I am deployed until early 2012 and their vouchers expire after 6 months. He had suggested waiting until I got back to send the voucher or having my girlfriend, who is physically in possession of the winning ticket, use the voucher now and then transfer the pistol to me when I get back. I would be happy with either decision, but none was ever made and we haven't been able to contact anyone since.

I know the vouchers are sent certified mail and no notice was ever left at my place so I am ASSuming nothing was ever sent (I could be wrong, but again I have no way to confirm.)

I just want to get a firm plan down so I know what I have to do when I get home.

As I have stated before I am, obviously, in no rush but I don't want a year to go by and finally get in contact with them like "hey, I won last year and blah blah" I don't see that turning out well.

Yeah, but the hold up might put him in position for the Gen4 21

I'm still hoping that's how it works out. I said before the drawing that if I won I'd use the voucher plus any additional fees to pick up a G21SF, but was secretly hoping Glock would put out a Gen4 G21 in the interim.

Given how the other Gen4's were received in MD I have no doubt the G21 Gen4 could also face the damned roster board (even though it's almost identical to the prior generations, but hey... our tax dollars "at work" keeping the pandas and polar bears safe...) so that would be another hold-up.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    I'm still hoping that's how it works out. I said before the drawing that if I won I'd use the voucher plus any additional fees to pick up a G21SF, but was secretly hoping Glock would put out a Gen4 G21 in the interim.

Given how the other Gen4's were received in MD I have no doubt the G21 Gen4 could also face the damned roster board (even though it's almost identical to the prior generations, but hey... our tax dollars "at work" keeping the pandas and polar bears safe...) so that would be another hold-up.

Of course I saw your post about the new release of the Gen4 G21. This is all about timing now. Every day of delay on the part of the Drive Against Diabetes is another day the new G21 has to clear the roster.

I have no doubt you will get your wish. I say that knowing if you do not get it from them I will start a campaign to collect the money to get you one. It will be easy, really. Thank you for your service and come home safely.

Aug 2, 2007
    Harford County
    Actually got in contact with the guys today (thanks joppaj) and they are holding my voucher until I get back. Stand up guys, definitely had no issue with working around my situation. :thumbsup:

Time to play the waiting game...:smoke:

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Actually got in contact with the guys today (thanks joppaj) and they are holding my voucher until I get back. Stand up guys, definitely had no issue with working around my situation. :thumbsup:

Time to play the waiting game...:smoke:

:thumbsup:

Glad they took care of you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom