Landscape installation, lawn maintenance position available.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sgt. Psycho

Ultimate Member
    Nov 1, 2009
    Opening available for landscaping and lawn maintenance worker.
    Valid driver's license required.
    Experience not required, but proven experience in the landscaping industry, and experience operating trucks, trailers, and commercial lawn maintenance equipment will result in higher pay.
    Starting pay is $12 to $15 per hour based on proven experience.
    Applicants may be required to pass drug testing.

Sgt. Psycho

Ultimate Member
    Nov 1, 2009
    Welcome to 2019.

Pretty much. I have hired and then fired 4 people the past 2 weeks. Everyone thinks I am going to pay them $15 per hour to not show up for work, or show up late and then not want to do any actual work. Many of the available labor pool are actually not trainable for even the simplest tasks.

I won't hire illegals, but I am hearing that they are mostly "Americanized" by this point. The employers I know who do use them have the same complaints about them as I do about the American labor pool, and most of them will only work for cash.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Go to the closest high school and talk to the staff. Maybe the admin will allow you to post a sign or two. I don't know if they have work study any more. But if they do, they can work for you and still go to school. It might be worth a try.

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    No one has any teenagers they want to put to work for the summer?

My 14 yr old 'inherited' his uncle's mowing business this past July when my brother took a job that left him with no time to do his lawns. I'll have to get him and the mowers to his 10-12 clients and help with the trimming for another couple years but once he has his license he'll be doing it all himself.
    A couple nights ago we were at subway and he asked the girl how old you had to be to work there. (16) He said he was thinking about xtra money since he's been living off of his savings since he stopped mowing last fall.
    I think Mom and I are doing something right with this one.

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    No one has any teenagers they want to put to work for the summer?

My 14 yr old 'inherited' his uncle's mowing business this past July when my brother took a job that left him with no time to do his lawns. I'll have to get him and the mowers to his 10-12 clients and help with the trimming for another couple years but once he has his license he'll be doing it all himself.
    A couple nights ago we were at subway and he asked the girl how old you had to be to work there. (16) He said he was thinking about xtra money since he's been living off of his savings since he stopped mowing last fall.
    I think Mom and I are doing something right with this one.

psucobra96

Ultimate Member
    Jun 20, 2011
    Pretty much. I have hired and then fired 4 people the past 2 weeks. Everyone thinks I am going to pay them $15 per hour to not show up for work, or show up late and then not want to do any actual work. Many of the available labor pool are actually not trainable for even the simplest tasks.

I won't hire illegals, but I am hearing that they are mostly "Americanized" by this point. The employers I know who do use them have the same complaints about them as I do about the American labor pool, and most of them will only work for cash.

Although I have no proof if they were illegals or not, ones that I suspected were not native to this country I’ve had to remove from jobs purely due to the failure of any skill half related to the work I hired the contractor for. If I can’t communicate to them to fix the errors I just tell them to stop working. I hire contractors for time savings, not because I can’t or don’t know how to do a job with the exception of a few certain tasks such as my metal roof install. Even then they scratched he he’ll out of the panels and tried to touch up with what I would call “nail polish” at best, looked like a kid finger painted all over it to cover up the scratches. The manager came over and about shit himself when he saw what they did, he thought the pictures I had sent him were only a panel or two. They ended up replacing over half the roof again.

On a side note I would use the company again, they took care of any issue I had, were responsive, and had all their ducks in a row and friendly staff.

Sgt. Psycho

Ultimate Member
    Nov 1, 2009
    I don't bother with Facebook. I barely have time to peek in here on occasion with my current workload.

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    Sorry I can't help you out Sgt Psycho, but things are looking "dark" for you right now...

Good luck my friend.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
      Capture.JPG
      7.2 KB · Views: 97

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl