PSA: Comcast location in Westminster to close on 1 Oct.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    To promote that Comcastic experience, Comcast is closing its sole Carroll County center.

Closest one is either Owings Mills or Frederick depending on your location.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oh great! Pretty soon the “center” in Frederick, off of 26 in the Giant shopping center, will be like going to the DMV! They are pretty good with their appointments as long as you make one of the first ones after they open.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    I saw this, it ain't good. They say most people pay via electronic means, but that's not the only reason folks go there. I've been in a number of times returning cable boxes & whatnot that are malfunctioning. This has to be against the county agreement or something.:mad54:

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Mediacom (here in DE) now only ships replacement equipment. You can't go to the local office and pick up what you need.

Not sure if they even take payments there.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Oh great. We have been considering ditching DirecTV and getting the Comcast TV/Internet bundle. Were going to do it last year, but they were pushing the TV/Internet/Phone bundle, and I flat out refused the phone because they couldn't promise us our phone number wouldn't change. DireecTV has irritated me though with their AT&T thing, and constant phone calls trying to sell us more after raising rates higher and higher.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Oh great. We have been considering ditching DirecTV and getting the Comcast TV/Internet bundle. Were going to do it last year, but they were pushing the TV/Internet/Phone bundle, and I flat out refused the phone because they couldn't promise us our phone number wouldn't change. DireecTV has irritated me though with their AT&T thing, and constant phone calls trying to sell us more after raising rates higher and higher.

We ditched directv about 2 months ago. We now subscribe to Hulu+ via Fire TV Cube. Sometimes I miss the ease of putting on the news the old way, but at 1/3 the cost and we get all the channels we used on DirecTV...not complaining.

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    You can drop off any Comcast box at a UPS store and they will return it. MAKE SURE YOU GET A RECEIPT AND STORE IT WITH YOUR VALUABLES!

We dumped Comcast TV a year ago, bought some Roku boxes and subscribed to Playstation Vue. Went from $1,500.00 per year to $660.00 per year.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    Think I'll swap every cable box in the house for a new one before they close.

4rcefedmkiv

Aug 6, 2010
    Arnold, MD
    You can drop off any Comcast box at a UPS store and they will return it. MAKE SURE YOU GET A RECEIPT AND STORE IT WITH YOUR VALUABLES!

We dumped Comcast TV a year ago, bought some Roku boxes and subscribed to Playstation Vue. Went from $1,500.00 per year to $660.00 per year.

I chatted with a rep the other day for almost an hour trying to lessen my monthly Xfinity bill with no success. I can't wait to finish my contract and be done with these clowns. How do you like the playstation vue?

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I chatted with a rep the other day for almost an hour trying to lessen my monthly Xfinity bill with no success. I can't wait to finish my contract and be done with these clowns. How do you like the playstation vue?

It's OK. I miss being able to scroll through the channels or go directly to a channel. I picked PSVue because it has the channels we want and it will support 5 feeds. We have 4 tvs. Most services only support 1 to 3 feeds.

4rcefedmkiv

Aug 6, 2010
    Arnold, MD
    It's OK. I miss being able to scroll through the channels or go directly to a channel. I picked PSVue because it has the channels we want and it will support 5 feeds. We have 4 tvs. Most services only support 1 to 3 feeds.

Awesome , thanks for the info.

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    I chatted with a rep the other day for almost an hour trying to lessen my monthly Xfinity bill with no success. I can't wait to finish my contract and be done with these clowns.

When I had requested a service call a while back they "generously" checked to see if they could come up with a deal to reduce my rates. They found that they could save me $7 a month. Of course that would come with a 2 year contract. I thought that they were pushing that because I am in an area where they were wiring up for Ting.

I even called one time after seeing all the ads for the X1 service for $89.95 a month or whatever. Of course that deal is only for new customers, not someone who has been with them for almost 15 years.

4rcefedmkiv

Aug 6, 2010
    Arnold, MD
    When I had requested a service call a while back they "generously" checked to see if they could come up with a deal to reduce my rates. They found that they could save me $7 a month. Of course that would come with a 2 year contract. I thought that they were pushing that because I am in an area where they were wiring up for Ting.

I even called one time after seeing all the ads for the X1 service for $89.95 a month or whatever. Of course that deal is only for new customers, not someone who has been with them for almost 15 years.

Sounds so familiar. Almost exactly the conversation I had.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom