• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Was talking with a buddy of mine from a certain independent school in Olney last week. Apparently they've got the go-ahead to start a Trap & Skeet club. From what he said, St. Johns, Georgetown Prep, and Carroll (DC) have all signed on to start clubs as well. If they get another, they'll start league play. Looks like they'll be using PGT&S for practice and matches. Warms my heart to know that some schools aren't namby-pamby these days and understand that shooting sports build character, discipline, camaraderie, and teach important lessons and values to those who partake.

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    Was talking with a buddy of mine from a certain independent school in Olney last week. Apparently they've got the go-ahead to start a Trap & Skeet club. From what he said, St. Johns, Georgetown Prep, and Carroll (DC) have all signed on to start clubs as well. If they get another, they'll start league play. Looks like they'll be using PGT&S for practice and matches. Warms my heart to know that some schools aren't namby-pamby these days and understand that shooting sports build character, discipline, camaraderie, and teach important lessons and values to those who partake.

St Johns as in Prospect hall here in FDRK? Great news either way. NoVA has a very active high school shooting league focused on air rifle and 22LR - many kids earn NCAA scholarships as a result.

Love to see the shooting sports return to high school

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    St Johns as in Prospect hall here in FDRK? Great news either way. NoVA has a very active high school shooting league focused on air rifle and 22LR - many kids earn NCAA scholarships as a result.

Love to see the shooting sports return to high school

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Unfortunately it's not the Frederick St. John's but the DC one as they're in the WCAC conference with GC and the others.

WVU has one of the top NCAA marksmanship teams annually and hand out some pretty impressive scholarships for it.

I'm just pleased that in this time of peak anti-2A rhetoric, there are still schools out there that understand guns aren't the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom