• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • arbud

Jan 27, 2008
    Towson
    When i get my c&r in a few weeks, i will be buying a cz82. They usually come with 2 12 round mags.
    Can I legally ask the person I buy it from to ship me the gun and my son in law in Virginia the mags.
    I suspect things like this are done all the time, but wonder if it is against the law

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    When i get my c&r in a few weeks, i will be buying a cz82. They usually come with 2 12 round mags.
    Can I legally ask the person I buy it from to ship me the gun and my son in law in Virginia the mags.
    I suspect things like this are done all the time, but wonder if it is against the law

I think you'll find that many MD dealers will now decline to do this, based "on that recent letter we got from the state police."

arbud

Jan 27, 2008
    Towson
    Well i really meant buying a gun say off of gunbroker and having the gun shipped to me and the mags shipped to va

Gunbunny

Int'l Rabies Liaison
    Apr 2, 2013
    MSP will deny the 77r because the gun is not considered complete without the magazine and they will know that it is meant to come with standard capacity magazines.

Source: I just asked MSP, because I can ask these kinds of questions without raising suspicion. :-)

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009

Buy it out of state. Why let MSP put it into your personal database? Your license is valid in 49 states, after all.

herkybird72

2A Defender
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2011
    Freedomland,NC
    MSP will deny the 77r because the gun is not considered complete without the magazine and they will know that it is meant to come with standard capacity magazines.

Source: I just asked MSP, because I can ask these kinds of questions without raising suspicion. :-)

When buying with a C&R from out of state a 77r does not apply.

Last edited:

Gunbunny

Int'l Rabies Liaison
    Apr 2, 2013
    According to msp, they still expect the 77r. Whether or not you give it to them is your business

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    To add to the info, some online dealers do understand at least some of Maryland's perversions. I once had one refuse to send me an 82 because the date of manufacture was post 1986 (? not sure when the Roster started) and, at that time, it was not on the MD Handgun Roster. (It has since been added, and this was pre-2013 so magazines weren't an issue.)

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Buy it out of state. Why let MSP put it into your personal database? Your license is valid in 49 states, after all.

...AND more magazines. After all, isn't that one of the primary reasons for a C & R license?

Money_B_85

Mar 30, 2017
    I think you'll find that many MD dealers will now decline to do this, based "on that recent letter we got from the state police."

I never have my FFL send me the mags out of state for me after that letter came out. Instead, I create a bill of sale showing that I am selling the magazines to my cousin out of state free of cost and the FFL ships it out to my cousin without hesitation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom