• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gunbunny

Int'l Rabies Liaison
    Apr 2, 2013
    Contrary to popular opinion, the NRA never spent that much compared to a lot of other lobbying groups. I don't know if they're being outspent 20:1, but while NRA has spent a ton of money, that's not where the majority of the NRA's political power ever came from. It came, and continues to come from the members and the individuals who care deeply about this issue and are willing to put sweat equity into the cause. Bloomberg can buy ads and pay lobbyists 2x what the average NRA lobbyist makes (lobbyist salaries are often public information in many states), but when NRA members get an alert or a postcard, they respond. A free man defending his home will take down 10 paid mercenaries every time.

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013

since Propublica gets money from groups working with the gun ban lobby why would you believe them?

propublica is just counting formal lobbying, that is not 5% of the money spend on this issue. Gun control groups are spening $100 million on c3 NON lobbying and probable 50 million on c4 which can had some small proportion of funs on lobbying.

Do you realize that the publication article does not include 90% of the gun control groups at all?

Where are Kededa recipients of near $100 million for gun control on that propublica list? Propublica's data is so old it includes Mayors which was disbanded years ago.

You do realize NONE of the tens of millions spent on the children crusade marches are either "lobbying" or advocacy but "education"

That NONE of the millions spent the past 16 months attacking 'NRA relationships with corporations is on the propublica list.

Heck just one of foundations spends $3 million a year soley on helping other gun control groups maximize usage of c3 exemption.

Did you see the links I sent. that is literally one foundation's (Home depot founders and heirs) giving to gun control.

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Contrary to popular opinion, the NRA never spent that much compared to a lot of other lobbying groups. I don't know if they're being outspent 20:1, but while NRA has spent a ton of money, that's not where the majority of the NRA's political power ever came from. It came, and continues to come from the members and the individuals who care deeply about this issue and are willing to put sweat equity into the cause. Bloomberg can buy ads and pay lobbyists 2x what the average NRA lobbyist makes (lobbyist salaries are often public information in many states), but when NRA members get an alert or a postcard, they respond. A free man defending his home will take down 10 paid mercenaries every time.

precisely. A real grassroots organization has strengths. But this is why the main focus of the gun control groups has changed to attack NRA at its roots. They are no longer saying NRA is wrong, they are saying it, and its members, are evil.
    Here is a single group spending ten million in just the past seven months, a year ($8 million donated from Kendeda near $100 million to gun control) on the single mission of breaking NRA corporate relations:
    "GunsDown" mission statement:
    'From its conception, Guns Down recognized the importance of channeling grassroots energy into campaigns urging American corporations to break ties with the gun lobby. Guns Down is taking on the NRA on all sides, by exposing the true cost of its guns-everywhere agenda and challenging those who do business with the NRA. In the aftermath of the Parkland, FL school shooting, Guns Down is developing a new stream of work designed to educate and empower young people to advocate for bold policies that will truly reduce gun violence.

None of "Gunsdown" is lobbying or campaign contributions. It is all 501(c)3 "Charity" work

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    Not 400,000, but 40,000.

Heh, facts (and math) matter. :)

Good info. Thanks for that.

since Propublica gets money from groups working with the gun ban lobby why would you believe them?...

Exactly. And the same goes for NPR, Politico, and, aw hell, most of the mainstream media.

In searching for information on the CDC DGU study I found dozens (and there are probably hundreds) of conservative leaning news outlets that feature the story. At last look, absolutely no MSM outlet is covering it. None.

Color me shocked.

:rolleyes:

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    It’s just the one source I saw when searching. I would like to know some actual numbers, especially if they’re very different from what I found. I didn’t see anything that aroused my suspicions. So does anybody have some good trustworthy links to data on this? I really would like to know more.

since Propublica gets money from groups working with the gun ban lobby why would you believe them?

propublica is just counting formal lobbying, that is not 5% of the money spend on this issue. Gun control groups are spening $100 million on c3 NON lobbying and probable 50 million on c4 which can had some small proportion of funs on lobbying.

Do you realize that the publication article does not include 90% of the gun control groups at all?

Where are Kededa recipients of near $100 million for gun control on that propublica list? Propublica's data is so old it includes Mayors which was disbanded years ago.

You do realize NONE of the tens of millions spent on the children crusade marches are either "lobbying" or advocacy but "education"

That NONE of the millions spent the past 16 months attacking 'NRA relationships with corporations is on the propublica list.

Heck just one of foundations spends $3 million a year soley on helping other gun control groups maximize usage of c3 exemption.

Did you see the links I sent. that is literally one foundation's (Home depot founders and heirs) giving to gun control.

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    It’s just the one source I saw when searching. I would like to know some actual numbers, especially if they’re very different from what I found. I didn’t see anything that aroused my suspicions. So does anybody have some good trustworthy links to data on this? I really would like to know more.

Sounds like a great research project.

Let us know what you find out.

:innocent0

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    Sounds like a great research project.

Let us know what you find out.

:innocent0

No reason to dig any further on my own behalf on pro-gun vs. anti-gun spending. I couldn’t find anything definitive one way or the other. But I do believe the vast majority of the funds from our side go to a good purpose and, probably to a better purpose. We focus on things that actually make a real difference, law suits, elections, lobbying. Our people practice the gentle art of grass roots persuasion. They antis practice top down bigotry.

Regardless of spending levels, I also believe we’re probably fighting a losing battle. Big city liberalism is creeping into the country in all areas. Look at Austin, right in the middle of Texas. Virginia is now purple and moving in the wrong direction. Maryland, California, several other large liberal states are lost, IMO.

I hope I’m wrong. I’ll continue pulling for the right side, contributing in whatever way I can but the possibility of an ugly future is still peering at me over the horizon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom