• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    What makes me curious, if they ban the bump stock are they going to have to ban rubber bands?

Look it up if you don't know what I mean.

Let's be realistic here, rubber bands aren't going to be banned, but if bump/slide stocks and all the other commercially available "rate of fire acellerators" are made illegal to manufacture, sell, or possess, using a rubber band to increase the rate of fire will likely be a crime. As silly as it may sound, if it comes to that, I would suggest keeping rubber bands well separated from your AR's. I'm not a lawyer, but I believe the thing is they don't have to necessarily have to catch you slinging lead downrange with the aid of a rubber band, they simply have to show "intent", and that's a lower bar I believe, from a legal perspective.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Let's be realistic here, rubber bands aren't going to be banned, but if bump/slide stocks and all the other commercially available "rate of fire acellerators" are made illegal to manufacture, sell, or possess, using a rubber band to increase the rate of fire will likely be a crime. As silly as it may sound, if it comes to that, I would suggest keeping rubber bands well separated from your AR's. I'm not a lawyer, but I believe the thing is they don't have to necessarily have to catch you slinging lead downrange with the aid of a rubber band, they simply have to show "intent", and that's a lower bar I believe, from a legal perspective.

It's just like the shouldering of an arm brace was considered a crime before it wasn't.....

Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    It's just like the shouldering of an arm brace was considered a crime before it wasn't.....

I suppose it remains to be seen how far they are going to go with this ban on rate of fire acellerators, and how rubber bands etc. will factor in to any future legislation.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I suppose it remains to be seen how far they are going to go with this ban on rate of fire acellerators, and how rubber bands etc. will factor in to any future legislation.

What I was saying in my post is that there are many ways to increase your rate of fire, even by using a rubber band. Are they going to mandate everything that would do this? This is how crazy this has gotten.

Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    What I was saying in my post is that there are many ways to increase your rate of fire, even by using a rubber band. Are they going to mandate everything that would do this? This is how crazy this has gotten.

I understand, and I agree. Like you and the rest of us, I can only speculate how this will all play out in any future restrictive/prohibition types of legislation.

I'm getting a strong sense though, that the writing is on the wall for the commercially available ROF acellerator's like bump and/or slide stocks, binary triggers and so on.

I would also presume that anything like rubber bands etc. that are perceived as a way to skirt the law on a technicality are going to be addressed in detail in any such legislation, but we'll just have to wait and see.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I understand, and I agree. Like you and the rest of us, I can only speculate how this will all play out in any future restrictive/prohibition types of legislation.

I'm getting a strong sense though, that the writing is on the wall for the commercially available ROF acellerator's like bump and/or slide stocks, binary triggers and so on.

I would also presume that anything like rubber bands etc. that are perceived as a way to skirt the law on a technicality are going to be addressed in detail in any such legislation, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Yes, I think so. No price gouging for binary triggers. I would sell mine and buy 3-4 Geissele triggers if I could.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    While we're discussing Geissele triggers, and not wanting to derail the thread, is their basic SSA 4.5 pound trigger a good way to go for a trigger upgrade?

I'm seeing SSA-E too. But only difference, that I can see, is one pound less pull.

SSA is available. SSA-E is out of stock at the moment. I want to retain the curved trigger to. It's for a paper punching/hunting rifle. No three gun/race gun stuff.

Thanks to all.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    While we're discussing Geissele triggers, and not wanting to derail the thread, is their basic SSA 4.5 pound trigger a good way to go for a trigger upgrade?

I'm seeing SSA-E too. But only difference, that I can see, is one pound less pull.

SSA is available. SSA-E is out of stock at the moment. I want to retain the curved trigger to. It's for a paper punching/hunting rifle. No three gun/race gun stuff.

Thanks to all.

The SSA-E is a very fast trigger. Check out the B-GRF. It’s a steal at $140. I have an SSA-E and 2 B-GRFs and I think I like the B-GRF better. https://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/triggers-parts/triggers/ar-15-enhanced-triggers-prod67223.aspx

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    ^^^Will look at them.^^^

PS: I like how they say.....Does NOT convert semi-automatic fire to automatic fire. Wonder if that's a recent addition to the description...

threegun

Jan 26, 2013
    Westminster

Thanks to all.

If you are willing to hold off for a sale you will be able to pick up an SSA-E under $190. I have seen them as low as $176 around black Friday. PSA has been running a Magpul/PSA lower build kit with an SSA-E trigger for $249 off and on since last November.

george g.

Jan 11, 2009
    Edgemere
    I was just on you tube and came across double tap triggers,similar to the binary trigger.They're $210 shipped, just ordered one.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Seeing local guys in the $350/450 range.

I'm not mad at them, make every bit you can.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Seeing local guys in the $350/450 range.

I'm not mad at them, make every bit you can.

I think when SlideFire first came out they were in the $350 range although prices did eventually come down. My receipt from Cabelas was in the SlideFire box and it was $280 on sale in 2014. So $350 range not totally insane.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    I have a bit of a problem when it comes to gouging for life sustaining items in emergency circumstances... that is what I consider gouging. These are not necessity items at this point in time... nobody is forcing buyers to shell out $1K+ for a piece of plastic that 3 weeks ago could have been bought for $200. As many others have said, it is just supply and demand. If both parties agree, it is just a fair deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom