• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    I just bought a Gen 4 Glock 19. Is this going to start being like my cell phone? Already time to get a new one? Well, crap.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    i'm thinking about buying a 17...any reason i should wait for these? I'm right handed and it would be my first glock.

I wouldn't wait if you want don't want the new one bad enough. Probably won't be till October or so if I had to guess by the time these are available in MD.

Gen3 and Gen4 models are excellent.

JMD2004

Aug 9, 2017
    Lexington Park
    I wouldn't wait if you want don't want the new one bad enough. Probably won't be till October or so if I had to guess by the time these are available in MD.

Gen3 and Gen4 models are excellent.
    Awesome. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

judah7

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 18, 2017
    I swear glocks being reliable is the only thing it has going, they are by far one of the most popular but yet ugly guns on the market. Especially this gen 5 if that is it.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Hogue not needed.

I have a Dremel and am not afraid to use it!

It's easy to do, right?

798c093ae46c11a732b430551c22b080.jpg

:D
    For me the Hogue is to fill my palm a bit more, stipling would be of zero help in that sense. I don't use them on the .45 and 10 mm Glock's.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I swear glocks being reliable is the only thing it has going, they are by far one of the most popular but yet ugly guns on the market. Especially this gen 5 if that is it.
    But yet you like the appearance of the M&P? It looks like exactly what it is, a cheap Glock copy.

judah7

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 18, 2017
    But yet you like the appearance of the M&P? It looks like exactly what it is, a cheap Glock copy.

I like both, I have no problem with a ugly gun, but yes the glock is probably uglier than the m&p. Actually it is uglier than a m&p. This gen5 is the ugliest glock they ever put out if the picture is real.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I like both, I have no problem with a ugly gun, but yes the glock is probably uglier than the m&p. Actually it is uglier than a m&p. This gen5 is the ugliest glock they ever put out if the picture is real.
    It's what virtually every other manufacturer aspires to be. If you want a pretty pistol go buy a 1911 or one of the old school Sigs that are safe to drop like a 226 or 229. Every polymer framed pistol is copied from or inspired by Glock.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    i'm thinking about buying a 17...any reason i should wait for these? I'm right handed and it would be my first glock.

I wouldn't buy the Gen 5 right away. The Gen 4 had some hiccups out of the gate but is a very solid platform now. I'd buy that if I were you.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Just a question to all Glock owners. Why buy the Gen 5 if you already own a Gen 2, Gen 3 or Gen 4?

Just curious.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    It's what virtually every other manufacturer aspires to be. If you want a pretty pistol go buy a 1911 or one of the old school Sigs that are safe to drop like a 226 or 229. Every polymer framed pistol is copied from or inspired by Glock.

To be fair, my 31 had light strike issues (fired on 2nd time around) when it got up to 1470 rounds w/out cleaning.

My M&P, hasn't been cleaned in over 2800 rounds currently, and no issues - aside from being a dirty little whore. :)

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Just a question to all Glock owners. Why buy the Gen 5 if you already own a Gen 2, Gen 3 or Gen 4?

Just curious.

I won't. That said, I don't own a G17. If I get in the market for one, I would consider a Gen 5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom