Will Maryland Allow This As Credible Threat for G&S?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • May 13, 2005
    People said AK pistols would NEVER get on the roster, but here they are. Stranger things have happened. I say get all your ducks in a row with justification and legal support with a nice chunk of funds to fight for it and submit it and find out.

Having said all that.... What Raven and Teratos said...

LeadSled1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2009
    MD
    Seems odd there is no mention of the soldier in Springfield who was shot in the face at a traffic light while in uniform. Guy walked up to the car and popped him. There was a attempted kidnapping of a female in uniform the week before that in the same place but she was able to get away. It is being recommended now to switch to civies if going out on town.

1BADI5

Are we there yet
    Feb 5, 2013
    Ft Meade AOR
    OpSec.........this is the reason I do not commute to work in uniform and I alter my route throughout the week.

I will not be an easy target....since I can't carry

1BADI5

Are we there yet
    Feb 5, 2013
    Ft Meade AOR
    Seems odd there is no mention of the soldier in Springfield who was shot in the face at a traffic light while in uniform. Guy walked up to the car and popped him. There was a attempted kidnapping of a female in uniform the week before that in the same place but she was able to get away. It is being recommended now to switch to civies if going out on town.

Do you have links for these incidents?

LeadSled1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2009
    MD
    Negative, received in morning opsec email. I can't even find any links to it searching the news.

>> The Fort Knox CID Office just received and confirmed the below information.
    >>
    >> The Wright-Patterson Air Force Base Office of Special Investigations
    >> (OSI) reported on 22 Sep 14, a uniformed Army Soldier was stopped at
    >> a red light in Springfield, OH, when unknown person(s) approached his
    >> vehicle and shot him in the face and subsequently fled the area. At
    >> this point, it appears the Soldier will survive.
    >>
    >> Six days prior to that, also in Springfield, OH, a female Airmen in
    >> uniform was stopped at a red light when a car with 3 males inside
    >> pulled up beside her vehicle. One of the males exited the vehicle and
    >> attempted to get into her car, she sped away, they followed her, but she
    >> was able to escape unharmed.
    >>
    >> The OSI is in the process of coordinating with the Springfield PD and
    >> the hospital where the Soldier is being treated to gain more information.
    >>
    >> Be safe and make sure you're aware of the environment.
    >>
    >> BLUF: We are in a precarious situation as Soldiers. Stay alert...this
    >> may not have been in your area. Needless to say, we all need to be
    >> cautious of our surroundings and stay alert.
    >>
    >> Recommendations: If you don't require wearing your uniform, change
    >> into civilian attire to run errands.

>> Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
    >> Caveats: NONE

marte616

God bless America...
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 15, 2008
    Occupied Territory
    Sept. 17, 2014

WRITTEN STATEMENT BY SECRETARY OF HOMELAND SECURITY JEH JOHNSON BEFORE THE HOUSE COMMITTEE ON HOMELAND SECURITY

Though we know of no credible information that ISIL is planning to attack the homeland at present, we know that ISIL is prepared to kill innocent Americans they encounter because they are Americans – in a public and depraved manner. We know ISIL views the United States as an enemy, and we know that ISIL’s leaders have themselves said they will soon be in “direct confrontation” with the United States.

PO2012

Oct 24, 2013
    Any field grade Officer may authorize the carrying of firearms by subordinates in writing utilizing Department of the Army Form 2818. If your chain of command believes that there is a credible threat they can arm you against said threat and the State of Maryland has no say in the matter.

For what it's worth, Army recruiters assigned to certain cities which have been designated as particularly dangerous are issued an M-9 and written authorization to carry it for the duration of their assignment. Carrying weapons outside of a combat zone is not as exceptional as many think, it just isn't talked about.

MdPrep

Tactically Tactless
    Sep 24, 2014
    I think about where this country was 20-30 years ago and today I shake my head. The vast majority have this complex of being apathetic and lazy. As if the entire world revolved around them or something. My take is that truth is sometimes stranger than fiction, however my brethren - people have once again fall asleep and nothing like 9-11 could ever happen again. Especially those that weren't born yet. It'll be real once more like a Red Dawn movie except with a bunch of black pajama AK wielding crazies and swinging machetes that are aimed for the local population in the US. It'll be real once it happens to one of the self absorbed, "nothing ever is going to happen to me because I'm SuperMan" retards is truly affected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom