• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    Occasionally I play some mindless video games on Steam when I want to clear my head. I came across a free to download game called "World of Guns" on Steam today that blew me away. It is a learning game that let's you disassemble and reassemble various firearms in 3d. Every part is labeled correctly, and assembly and disassembly must be done in the correct order. There is an "xray" mode and a cutaway mode and you can operate the 3d firearm model while in these mode to see exactly how everything works. I checked their schematics against some of my collection and it seems very accurate. So far there are 103 firearms available with more added monthly including:
    Colt 1911
    M16
    M4
    M14
    Colt SAA
    Mosin Nagant
    Sig 228
    GE M134 minigun
    CheyTac M200
    Mossburg 500
    Remington 870
    Winchester 1873
    Colt Walker
    Ruger New Vaquero
    FN FAL
    AK47
    AK74
    Benelli m4 s90
    Franchi SPAS12
    Beretta 92
    CZ75
    Glock 19
    Tokarev
    Walther PP
    Ruger RedHawk
    And loads more

I put this in the gunsmithing forum because this "game" could actually serve as a really good reference for someone wanting to completely strip their weapon for maintenance or repair. Every but, bolt, pin and screw is noted in the 3d model.

For those of you who aren't familiar, Steam is a reputable, free online gaming source, not a virus filled torrent site.

Here is the link: http://store.steampowered.com/app/262410/

newq

101st Poptart Assault BSB
    Mar 6, 2011
    Eldersburg, MD
    Occasionally I play some mindless video games on Steam when I want to clear my head. I came across a free to download game called "World of Guns" on Steam today that blew me away. It is a learning game that let's you disassemble and reassemble various firearms in 3d. Every part is labeled correctly, and assembly and disassembly must be done in the correct order. There is an "xray" mode and a cutaway mode and you can operate the 3d firearm model while in these mode to see exactly how everything works. I checked their schematics against some of my collection and it seems very accurate. So far there are 103 firearms available with more added monthly including:
    Colt 1911
    M16
    M4
    M14
    Colt SAA
    Mosin Nagant
    Sig 228
    GE M134 minigun
    CheyTac M200
    Mossburg 500
    Remington 870
    Winchester 1873
    Colt Walker
    Ruger New Vaquero
    FN FAL
    AK47
    AK74
    Benelli m4 s90
    Franchi SPAS12
    Beretta 92
    CZ75
    Glock 19
    Tokarev
    Walther PP
    Ruger RedHawk
    And loads more

I put this in the gunsmithing forum because this "game" could actually serve as a really good reference for someone wanting to completely strip their weapon for maintenance or repair. Every but, bolt, pin and screw is noted in the 3d model.

For those of you who aren't familiar, Steam is a reputable, free online gaming source, not a virus filled torrent site.

Here is the link: http://store.steampowered.com/app/262410/

Awesome, Thanks!

Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    I am always reluctant to install software on my pc to review. For someone who has signed up, does it cover the makarov pistol?

Yes it does*

*here is the catch (nothing in life is free): the program does cover the makarov. However, to get to it and not payoney you will spend hours earning "XP" in the program. I dropped the $49 to unlock everything and everything they release in the future.

bigdaddycoolfm

Mar 24, 2014
    Pretty cool, I really like that you can see the guns firing in the xray mode and slow it down to really see what is happening..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom