• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Right2Carry

Feb 27, 2009
    District 32
    Well, I purchased 3 guns, about $2K in ammo, upgraded NRA membership to Life, donated to MSI and MD Shooters. My tax refund is gone, but I don't have any regrets.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    I must have owned the only well-functioning Mosquito that Sig ever made.:lol2:

~3k rounds, and never a single malfunction; its the only gun I've ever shot that could reliably cycle Thunderbolts. I still ended up trading it in because I picked up a threaded 22/45 and it was way more accurate.

My Ruger ll Target LOVES them, the 10/22 misfires 50% of the time BUT it LOVED Winchester & Federals. Go figure.

Celtic159

Nov 27, 2008
    Poolesville
    1st gen Glock 17. Bought it for next for nothing, couldn't wait to get rid of it. There was functionally nothing wrong with it, but the damn thing was just boring to shoot.

lilgibby

"man gotta have a code."
    Sep 17, 2011
    Elkton
    Remington 887 Nitro Mag Tactical...was too good to be true and remington butt ****ed me on repairs sent it back 3 times. pure and utter dog shit of a shotgun.

fatalsports

Mar 4, 2012
    I've loved every firearm I've ever purchased...my wife on the other hand loved learning how to shoot on a .22, but now has no interest at all in firing one or buying one...whether it be a handgun or rifle.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    I don't regret any that I've ever bought, only that I overpaid for a Colt LE6920. The panic was on and I paid a few hundred more that I should have, not knowing which way the market would break. I still would have rather had another than been left wanting. But hey, it's not like I could have used that money to buy ammo :shrug:

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    I don't regret any that I've ever bought, only that I overpaid for a Colt LE6920. The panic was on and I paid a few hundred more that I should have, not knowing which way the market would break.

On the bright side, if you still have it ten or twenty years from now, a few hundred more will probably seem like nothing. In the mean time, you've got a great rifle to enjoy.

BigBossMan

Mar 7, 2013
    Washington County
    I was just about to say I loved all my guns and then I saw this picture and remembered that piece of shit. Pulled the slide back and broke it off the rails. I dunno WTF I was thinking in my younger days.

first purchase, first sale.

12253823_2_x.jpg

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    My only regrets in purchasing, was NOT purchasing something. Several times. I have kept and enjoy everything I actually bought.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    What's the difference? Or is there one?

Seems to me those mark II rugers would like a fmj round better than anything else.

Individual commercial guns like different ammo, same model same everything except ammo. Semi auto's being much more finicky unless their military which BETTER fire any ammo it was designed for under contract.

Example.... ever hear of a M-1 Garand refusing to fire Greek HXP or ANY M2 ball ammo that was GI? Doubtful but most everybody here has a 10-22 that misfires consistently on something BUT smooth as a babys ass on something else.

jmcisc

Sep 18, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Smith & Wesson Model 59. Shooting from a rest it threw brass all over the place. Royal pain in the a$$ trying to find the spent brass.

The S&W 59s I've fired also had the worst trigger pull. By the time the guns fired the first round it felt like they should have fired a full magazine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom