• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AimsWellShootsWorse

Mar 2, 2011
    Prince George's County
    The Council of Governments (COG) board is taking up the issue of gun violence. I have no other details as yet, but this could bode poorly for us, since the Virginia reps on the Metro Washington COG board are *northern* VA types with an uncertain commitment to 2A rights. OTOH, COG has no statutory authority AFAIK. But it'd be preferable to derail or soften any declarations of support for O'Malley's BS bills (or 'AR' bans), late in the game though it may be.

Firearms policy---if that's where they're heading---seems to be new territory for COG even if crime control is not. Hope others will put this on the radar of appropriate MD/DC/VA advocacy folks. Ideally, we could keep gun control OFF the COG agenda.

This is board-level business at COG, but here's the link to the Police Chief's committee. Do we have any friends there? (Let's hope Chief Johnson from Baltimore County doesn't travel south and start meddling here, too.)
    http://www.mwcog.org/committee/committee/default.asp?COMMITTEE_ID=62

Martian

MSI Executive Member
    Mar 15, 2007
    PG Co.
    WTOP on Council of Governments

WTOP radio just had a bit about 20 minutes ago on the push to get the Council of Governments to agree to gun control, and I heard several areas, including Fairfax City and Frederick, said they'd withdraw their Council funding altogether if this goes forward. Here's one older link: http://www.gazette.net/article/2013...il-dues-over-gun-policy&template=fairfaxTimes The link mentions IACOP, the anti-gun international group of police chiefs in dictatorships, theocracies, monarchies, etc. that has been working to ban guns in the U.S. for years. I haven't found anything definitive yet.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    WTOP radio just had a bit about 20 minutes ago on the push to get the Council of Governments to agree to gun control, and I heard several areas, including Fairfax City and Frederick, said they'd withdraw their Council funding altogether if this goes forward. Here's one older link: http://www.gazette.net/article/2013...il-dues-over-gun-policy&template=fairfaxTimes The link mentions IACOP, the anti-gun international group of police chiefs in dictatorships, theocracies, monarchies, etc. that has been working to ban guns in the U.S. for years. I haven't found anything definitive yet.

:thumbsup:

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    $112,000 in dues for one year?!! Good lord! Don't just withhold the money, get out of that organization all together!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom