• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • schnmbang

Aug 23, 2014
    So I want to get a factory arsenal 5.56 or 7.62 sbr. I see that the factory ones are 28 7/8” But with a non permanently attached muzzle break. Any way to get that to 29”? I was looking at possibly getting the barrel re machined so I could put a jmac muzzle break to run a sandman. The factory arsenal muzzle break is 3.22” and the jmac is 2.82” so I think I would lose some length anything I can do?

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    I don't have any experience with factory Arsenal SBRs, but the first thing you need to figure out is what the overall length is without the flash hider. I notice on Arsenal's website they note the overall folded length as including the flash hider, but don't state that the 28 7/8" OAL is with or without. So contact them and find out what length goes on the form 3/form 4 (since the flash hider won't count unless it is permanently affixed, which it is not), then you know what your actual deficit is. If it's 28 7/8", you're not going to have any issues. It will be easy to get the OAL to 29 with either a p&w adapter like the Bonesteel or Griffin Armament adapter, or p&w barrel if you get the large threads chopped and barrel threaded for 1/2x28. There is not enough meat to do 5/8x24, but Dead Air's 1/2x28 muzzle devices are .30 cal so you're good there. You'd have to confirm the same with the JMAC Customs KeyMo muzzle devices.

Hopefully the 28 7/8" OAL they cite is not with the muzzle device. If it turns out they are including the muzzle device you may need to get creative to add more length. Don't know where you live in MD (assuming you do, as the 29" thing doesn't matter in most states for SBRs), but I would use Duffy's Gun Room for any AK related projects if I still lived in MD. I'm sure there are other good ones, but they are the best that I know of. Most likely they can get you sorted out easily, or at least tell you what your options are.

ST19AG_WGreymon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Odenton
    You're going to have to pin the muzzle brake. The measurement they give is not a permanent OAL.

I pinned my muzzle brake and added the Russian recoil pad to my triangle folder.

AH1XRZJ.jpg

ST19AG_WGreymon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Odenton
    Looks great, I'm considering the same process. Mind posting where you drilled/install pics? (is it as simple as it looks?)

I already had a Russian 4.5mm triangle stock on hand when I got the stock pad. It just secures with two bolts through the already existing holes on the stock. I can upload pictures in a bit if need be. I think the holes on the Bulgarian stocks are off by less than 1/2".

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom