• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Can't believe nobody has shared this yet, Sen Hough completely destroys Sen Lee when she introduced the bill. The last minute is especially good when Lee shows how little she knows. I'm sure she's a nice person, just not real bright.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Senator Lee cannot imagine that having every long gun transfer going through an FFL would be burdensome.

Really?

Apparently she had an imaginectomy performed at Johns Bloomberg Hospital; probably severe head trauma from being beaten with heavy sacks of campaign contributions necessitated the emergency surgery.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I'm not sure this new bill (HB1104) up today in the house deserves a thread of its own just yet. When I saw who was listed as the sponsor, Del. Lopez, I chuckled. She is a dingbat.

So now we need a bill to define what the word transfer means. Jesus. These people have lost their fricking minds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    Can't believe nobody has shared this yet, Sen Hough completely destroys Sen Lee when she introduced the bill. The last minute is especially good when Lee shows how little she knows. I'm sure she's a nice person, just not real bright.

It was a thing of beauty. She is not real bright in terms of firearms, that's for sure. Her panel of "experts" that she claimed would be able to fill in her blanks had nothing of substance to offer either. There is that one expert on the far left of the MDA panel that was brilliant!

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    Senator Lee cannot imagine that having every long gun transfer going through an FFL would be burdensome.

Really?

Apparently she had an imaginectomy performed at Johns Bloomberg Hospital; probably severe head trauma from being beaten with heavy sacks of campaign contributions necessitated the emergency surgery.

Sen Lee, says this will not be burdensome on 2A..."Right". There is NO Enforcement mechanism, no sales receipt, no NICS check in system because FFL can't take used guns into inventory just to sell it.

I don't know of any evidence statistics on FTF sales where someone is killed. thus gun violence.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Sen Lee, says this will not be burdensome on 2A..."Right". There is NO Enforcement mechanism, no sales receipt, no NICS check in system because FFL can't take used guns into inventory just to sell it.

I don't know of any evidence statistics on FTF sales where someone is killed. thus gun violence.

Not sure I understand what you mean here. Consignments are of used guns just to sell them...

Not sure I understand what you mean here. Consignments are of used guns just to sell them...

The bill will have two people show up and a NICS check will be run on the buyer- Just the NICS check; no 4473 is done.
    A NICS check determines whether someone is prohibited from buying a firearm. It doesn't involve make/model/serial number, so there is no record of what was bought/sold.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan

not really sure if consignments are run thru NCIS for buyer.

Consignment NOT really face to face transfer as we know it. 2 law abiding citizens FTF don't have any legal burden.

From ATF website.
    When a transaction takes place between unlicensed persons who reside in the same State, the GCA does not require any record keeping. An unlicensed person may sell a firearm to another unlicensed person in his or her State of residence and, similarly, an unlicensed person may buy a firearm from another unlicensed person who resides in the same State. It is not necessary under Federal law for a Federal firearms licensee (FFL) to assist in the sale or transfer when the buyer and seller are “same–State” residents.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    The bill will have two people show up and a NICS check will be run on the buyer- Just the NICS check; no 4473 is done.
    A NICS check determines whether someone is prohibited from buying a firearm. It doesn't involve make/model/serial number, so there is no record of what was bought/sold.

yes, I get that. There is no enforcement of that process either.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD

Ah, thank you.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    IIRC, an FFL may not run NICS checks for guns not in his inventory. I may well be wrong about this, but I seem to recall it being brought up at last year's session.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Atterbury must be having both deja vu and a stroke.

I wonder if Atterbury has ever fired a rifle, or spent a little time target shooting at a range.

Sometimes, folks come around to accepting the very demon they think is threatening them, by making an acquaintance with it.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    I wonder if Atterbury has ever fired a rifle, or spent a little time target shooting at a range.

Sometimes, folks come around to accepting the very demon they think is threatening them, by making an acquaintance with it.

Sometime tells me that in her mind, she already knows everything about it. Elitists have that trait in abundance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom