• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Apr 29, 2020
    Hi all,

I've recently found that TPM makes an MP5SD that looks like a great option for anyone who wants an MP5SD clone. I'm wondering, if I wanted to purchase on as an SBR with the A3 collapsible stock in MD, how does the overall length get measured? From what I understand, the actual barrel is about 6" and the silencer is 12". Since the weapon can't really be used without the silencer, how does a TPM MP5SD get measured?

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Hi all,

I've recently found that TPM makes an MP5SD that looks like a great option for anyone who wants an MP5SD clone. I'm wondering, if I wanted to purchase on as an SBR with the A3 collapsible stock in MD, how does the overall length get measured? From what I understand, the actual barrel is about 6" and the silencer is 12". Since the weapon can't really be used without the silencer, how does a TPM MP5SD get measured?

OAL length gets measured with the stock extended to the end of the muzzle. If the suppressor is permanently attached, you measure to the end of the suppressor. If it is not, it’s gonna be too short.

Apr 29, 2020
    OAL length gets measured with the stock extended to the end of the muzzle. If the suppressor is permanently attached, you measure to the end of the suppressor. If it is not, it’s gonna be too short.

I thought I saw somewhere that the SD would be measured differently than a normal rifle since the lack of a silencer means you can't effectively use the rifle, is that true? Since the rifle can't really be used without the silencer, does that mean that you could measure it with the suppressor for OAL?

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I thought I saw somewhere that the SD would be measured differently than a normal rifle since the lack of a silencer means you can't effectively use the rifle, is that true? Since the rifle can't really be used without the silencer, does that mean that you could measure it with the suppressor for OAL?

No. The gun absolutely can be used without the suppressor. If the suppressor is detachable, it must be measured to the end of the barrel.

Billman

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?
    May 18, 2010
    Sykesville, MD
    I have a TPM MP5 SD, can double check my form 4 and share the dimensions. It’s certainly longer than 29”. The silencer is removable, but do not shoot a SD without the silencer. The barrel is ported along its length, without a silencer the barrel would vent high velocity gases inside the hand guard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom