• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    A truck gun makes a lot of sense, assuming that you're in or near your truck a lot. Open carry is not gonna fly in MD until you're pretty far out in the woods.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Everyone is making this way too complicated.

Start an Anti Gun non-profit foundation. Then let the death threats and hate flow on in.

There’s your good and substantial reason for unrestricted permit. Then when the anti’s find out you got a permit, they’ll threaten and hate you to. Renewals should be almost assured by that point because you’ll have years of credible threats against you.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    SBR is a whole other can off worms.

If you are having trouble obtaining a CCW, I am confident the SBR stamp will be hard to get as well.

And ... is it really legal to open-carry anything in MD if you are not hunting, at a range, or a Law Enforcement Officer?

SBR is ATF, not MSP and a whole lot easier and quicker to obtain than a W&C permit if you e-file with the ATF.

FHJ69

Mar 13, 2011
    Upper PDRMC
    Everyone is making this way too complicated.

Start an Anti Gun non-profit foundation. Then let the death threats and hate flow on in.

There’s your good and substantial reason for unrestricted permit. Then when the anti’s find out you got a permit, they’ll threaten and hate you to. Renewals should be almost assured by that point because you’ll have years of credible threats against you.

I like the way you think! :party29:

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Check Md. Hunting Laws about loaded weapons before moving around with a rifle or shotgun.

And don't forget that even the "trunk gun" option is a non-starter in certain places like Rockville, which has a grandfathered waiver blocking state preemption.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    And AR pistol is still a pistol, and a SBR is considered a pistol too. So what you posted won't even be recognized as a rifle. You will be charged as though it were a handgun.

I thought an SBR is just that, a short barrel rifle.

I thought an AR pistol is a pistol just with a brace?

So a short barrel rifle with stock and a stamp is considered a pistol? Why isn't it called a SBP?

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.

So a short barrel rifle with stock and a stamp is considered a pistol? Why isn't it called a SBP?

SBRs are both rifles and pistols under Maryland law. They have to follow assault rifle rules and be >29", but they are considered pistols for carry. Until recently they also had to be on the handgun roster if you bought one out of the box.

They are rifles under some sections of the statute and pistols under others. If you are looking for logic, stop right there.

KevinK

Ultimate Member
    Jun 24, 2008
    Carroll County, Md
    SBRs are both rifles and pistols under Maryland law. They have to follow assault rifle rules and be >29", but they are considered pistols for carry. Until recently they also had to be on the handgun roster if you bought one out of the box.

They are rifles under some sections of the statute and pistols under others. If you are looking for logic, stop right there.

Whole video is worth watching (:)) but skip to 4:26

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    A truck gun makes a lot of sense, assuming that you're in or near your truck a lot. Open carry is not gonna fly in MD until you're pretty far out in the woods.

And it depends on which neck of the woods. Some rural counties in MD have anti2A sherrifs

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Unless you're properly securing it within your truck - like with a safe or whatever - a truck gun is basically just a stolen gun waiting to happen. Doubly so if you've got any gun-related stickers on your vehicle.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

Cause, by Md standards, they be called LBPs. Effing 29" minimum length BS.

4Prosales

" Who's YOUR Daddy NOW "
    Nov 3, 2009
    Question I’m looking to buy an upper 7.5” pistol Barrel no FFL needed. Then I would like to buy a 9mm lower pistol assembly which goes through FFL . Then I would like to assemble it myself is there any laws that I should be concerned with seeing that MD has a Gun Roster for handguns you can purchase completed ??
    I know the AR build your own 80% or even have an FFL build one you must wait 7 days because they consider the lower in the Handgun sector ... Not to versed on handgun builds Any advise would be appreciated ✋
    Attached Images

Attachments

• 7AB1D456-098D-4297-992E-2033C7E9B9F6.jpg
      7AB1D456-098D-4297-992E-2033C7E9B9F6.jpg
      69.5 KB · Views: 254

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia

In MD an SBR is considered both a rifle and a pistol to fvck over its subjects as much as possible. Only in MD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom