• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    Third of four in a row is the Bel Air IWLA gun show, 7-9 Feb at the Bel Air Armory. If you are able to volunteer please send an e-mail to events at marylandshallissue with a .org

Bel Air Armory
    37 North Main St. Bel Air MD
    7-9 February

Show open to the public:
    Friday - 5:00 PM to 9:00 PM
    Saturday - 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
    Sunday - 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM

Friday 7 Feb
    4:30 - 9:00 PM
    1. ShafTed
    2. Art3

Saturday 8 Feb
    9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
    1. Biggfoot44

1:00 - 5:00 PM
    1. knovotny
    2. Biggfoot44

Sunday 9 Feb
    9:00 AM - noon
    1. Mule
    2. Michael B.

noon - 3:00 PM
    1. ShafTed
    2. Jesse C.

If you're a first-timer, there is good info here:

https://www.marylandshallissue.org/...ry/4-public-documents/56-msi-show-primer-2018

Volunteers get free admission to the show. (And there's nothing to prevent a little shopping before or after your shift.) Another thing worth mentioning, some vendors, upon seeing you have a vendor badge, will give a few $$ off a purchase. Not all vendors will do this, but it could be an added bonus for volunteers.

MSI now also has a volunteer incentive program, if you volunteer for a total of four shifts at gun shows (all day Saturday or Sunday counts as two shifts) you will get a FREE membership renewal!

Last edited:

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    We have a lot going on that weekend. :tap: Katie will be working night shift Friday, so you'll have to settle for just me. :o We might be able to make an unscheduled appearance over the weekend, but I don't want to promise anything yet.

knovotny

Feb 5, 2013
    Aberdeen, MD
    I know there area number of Harford County people here. This is a local show for us. Please support MSI and don't ask the folks who aren't local to drive this whole way.

Mule

Just Mule
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2013
    Bump...

Anyone else available to lend a hand? If you've got a few hours to spare we'd love to have you. (especially on Saturday morning)

Or, if you can't commit to a full shift, but want to lend a hand at future shows, come spend some time with us this weekend. We can show you the ropes at this show, and you can jump right in at the next one.

Regardless, if you're going to be at the Bel Air show this weekend, stop by the table and say hi.

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    What he ^ said. If Biggfoot44 can make the trip from SoMD< where are the locals?

Either way, stop by and say hello, we're near the front, against the wall on the left as you enter.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I made it in time today for the last hour or so...but with 11 new members and 1 renewal, it looks like they were doing just fine without me ;)

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    I made it in time today for the last hour or so...but with 11 new members and 1 renewal, it looks like they were doing just fine without me ;)

Thank you Mr. Katie. :innocent0 :lol2:

It was fun logging in the new members and great to see you guys too.

Now if we could just get more volunteers to show up... :cool::thumbsup:

Oddway Otts

Mar 17, 2008
    Harford County

Blame me. In the early morning, Art3 took me to Southern Lancaster County Farmer-Sportsman's Association range for Orientation, explanation, registration, application, Trial by Freezing, obstacle course, cross country hike, endurance test and to test out my new Glock (as a guest). It shoots low and left I think....I was shivering so much it was hard to tell. Did I mention freezing? :D

It seems like a wonderful place, great people (the members and recruits, alike) and I sure hope that they approve my application.:lol:

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Blame me. In the early morning, Art3 took me to Southern Lancaster County Farmer-Sportsman's Association range for Orientation, explanation, registration, application, Trial by Freezing, obstacle course, cross country hike, endurance test and to test out my new Glock (as a guest). It shoots low and left I think....I was shivering so much it was hard to tell. Did I mention freezing? :D

It seems like a wonderful place, great people (the members and recruits, alike) and I sure hope that they approve my application.:lol:

My son was there yesterday doing the same thing!

They accepted me so if you get black balled you should really examine your life choices!

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Thank you Mr. Katie. :innocent0 :lol2:

It was fun logging in the new members and great to see you guys too.

Now if we could just get more volunteers to show up... :cool::thumbsup:
    A pleasure as always. :mdpatriot:

It would indeed be nice to see some new faces though...:tap:

My son was there yesterday doing the same thing!

They accepted me so if you get black balled you should really examine your life choices!
    That's funny! If I recall correctly, you and I were both in the meeting where you got officially accepted...even though we didn't know each other. I bet I talked to your son at some point yesterday. There were a few folks from MD, who were aware of MDS as well as MSI (I'm always trying to recruit ;) )

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom