• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blksniper2000

certified lurker
    Jan 31, 2009
    Baltimore/PA area
    Just got a YHM 10.5 9mm upper, I want to use my multimount with 3lug adapter on it. It seems like a pretty straight forward install but i read on another forum that possible baffle strikes could occur and it should be installed by a gunsmith so the threads line up concentric. Anybody had experience installing these themselves with no issues or should i pay a smith to install?

http://www.trosusa.com/

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Just got a YHM 10.5 9mm upper, I want to use my multimount with 3lug adapter on it. It seems like a pretty straight forward install but i read on another forum that possible baffle strikes could occur and it should be installed by a gunsmith so the threads line up concentric. Anybody had experience installing these themselves with no issues or should i pay a smith to install?

http://www.trosusa.com/

I think thats the standard disclaimer that comes with anything suppressor related.

If the manufacturer is really worried about it, they will offer to install it for free. You see this a lot on the Flash hiders mounts for cans.

I mean when you get it on, look down the barrel. Can you see any of the can? Get a wood dowel rod and stick it down there... can you hit the Suppressor with it.

While I have no experience with the Multimount with 3 lug adapter I can tell you that this is the standard disclaimer as no one wants to be responsible for you shooting the suppressor.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    I've got about 8 thread adapters from TROS. Just received another one last week. Mark does TOP quality work. It’s no big deal to screw on the adapter. Just be sure to double check the alignment of the can after you attach it to the gun. Look down the bore from the breach end and if you can see baffles.......you have a problem.

FHJ69

Mar 13, 2011
    Upper PDRMC
    I have a 6" 9mm barrel on my SBR and have the thread on 3 lug adapter. Since my barrel is stainles steel, I had Clandistine from Scotts Gunsmiths cerakote the barrel and the adapter. Scott indexed the adapter so it matched the original 3 lug. It's not difficult but he had the tools and rockset to lock it on. Works great!

Oh yeah and the multimount is awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom