• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    What does this line relate to? "MAINTENANCE, OR OPERATION OF A FIREARM OR AMMUNITION." It seems out of place and that it doesn't apply to anything in the law.

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    What does this line relate to? "MAINTENANCE, OR OPERATION OF A FIREARM OR AMMUNITION." It seems out of place and that it doesn't apply to anything in the law.

It looks like that line was not indented properly and should go with the line above it in section (D)(1)(IV).

on_the_rox

Ultimate Member
    Oct 16, 2009
    Whiteford, MD
    Baltimore county wants it to apply to anyone under 18. Current Maryland law is anyone under 16, unless they have taken the hunter safety course.

Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    She is running for County Exec, this BS makes for good press. So what if it's a repeat of the State law already on the books. She can say "I championed it, it's for the children". They are all slugs, I love how Ben Jealous talked about his parents had to flee the state as it was illegal for an inter racial couple to get married in 1967 big deal they when down to DC and did the deed. No different then my parents crossed state lines for a quickie marriage (Delaware no waiting) so I wouldn't be a bastard, I think I was ready pop out. Politicians are just great people don't you know. Chris

jkeys

Jan 30, 2013
    She is running for County Exec, this BS makes for good press. So what if it's a repeat of the State law already on the books. She can say "I championed it, it's for the children". They are all slugs, I love how Ben Jealous talked about his parents had to flee the state as it was illegal for an inter racial couple to get married in 1967 big deal they when down to DC and did the deed. No different then my parents crossed state lines for a quickie marriage (Delaware no waiting) so I wouldn't be a bastard, I think I was ready pop out. Politicians are just great people don't you know. Chris

She is also two-faced. When I lived in her district a developer wanted to violate current code by getting variances to build extremely high density townhomes next to a street zone for 1 house per acre. The code for RTA (residential transition areas) specifically forbid this. She came to our community meetings and promised us she would help us fight the developer. And by that she meant just run and hide when we actually asked for help, because she suddenly changed her story and couldn't come to any of the hearings because she had to appear to be impartial. She never lifted a single finger to help other than showing up at those meetings to pay lip service.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Another expensive publicity stunt, they're basically copying the existing Maryland law verbatim except for the age being 18 and not 16.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    She is also two-faced. When I lived in her district a developer wanted to violate current code by getting variances to build extremely high density townhomes next to a street zone for 1 house per acre. The code for RTA (residential transition areas) specifically forbid this. She came to our community meetings and promised us she would help us fight the developer. And by that she meant just run and hide when we actually asked for help, because she suddenly changed her story and couldn't come to any of the hearings because she had to appear to be impartial. She never lifted a single finger to help other than showing up at those meetings to pay lip service.

Cash filled envelopes have a way of making things like this happen

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    The Baltimore County has approved the change to 18 years of age for access to firearms.
    http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ma...l-approved-20180605-story.html#nt=oft13a-1gp1

Archived link: https://web.archive.org/web/2018060...s-md-co-gun-bill-approved-20180605-story.html

The Baltimore County Council approved a bill Monday that will make it a crime to leave a loaded gun where a child younger than 18 can access it.
    The bill will make Baltimore County’s law stricter than state law, which prohibits adults from leaving loaded guns where children younger than 16 could find them.
    The 4-3 vote came along party lines, with Democrats voting in favor and Republicans voting against.
    The violation would be a misdemeanor that carries the same penalty as state law, a fine of up to $1,000.
    There are exceptions in the law, such as for children who hold a hunter safety certificate or who are supervised while using the gun.
    The bill was sponsored by Councilwoman Vicki Almond, a Reisterstown Democrat who is running in the Democratic primary for county executive.
    Baltimore County Executive Don Mohler, a Democrat, has promised to sign the bill into law.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom