Any opening date for the Cabela's in Christiana?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Yup, May 1st. It's a Thursday. Not sure if it's a good idea to take off work to be there for the opening day festivities or just wait til the weekend. On one hand you would think it'd be more crowded on Saturday bc everyone's off work. But then again it might not make a difference :shrug:

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I heard they were open now. I was in the Cabelas in Hamberg about two weeks before the official opening there.

It is possible they are open, even though the "GRAND OPENING" with all the festivities don't start til May 1st :shrug:

Or it may be they are open for inventory, training, internal functions but not to the public :confused:

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    I heard they were open now. I was in the Cabelas in Hamberg about two weeks before the official opening there.

It is possible they are open, even though the "GRAND OPENING" with all the festivities don't start til May 1st :shrug:

Or it may be they are open for inventory, training, internal functions but not to the public :confused:
    will try to do a drive by sometime this week :D

Don H

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Hazzard County
    Just by chance I happened to be in the area of the Hamberg store and stopped in. There were lots of people shopping. When I checked out they handed me a flyer describing the "Grand Opening" with all the specials and bargains. This leads me to believe they do this when opening a new store.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010

Many larger retailers will open new stores before the official grand opening date for 'dry runs' to work out any kinks before the big day.

frdfandc

Fish It
    Aug 27, 2011
    Elkton, MD
    Just verified with a Cabelas employee that May 1st is the Grand Opening.

Even better today is their firearm delivery.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Knuckles

Feb 28, 2012
    Ceciltucky, MD
    In the mail today was an invitation for me & a guest to come to the store on April 30th. I need to bring the invitation & my Cabelas CC & I'm good to get in BEFORE May 1st!
    Kinda cool ...

Unodeuce

Feb 22, 2013
    Rising Sun, MD
    Not selected

Got my not selected from Cabela's HR. Didn't think I would, with the hours I was asking for. You had to do a minimum of 20Hrs. a week for part time, and I didn't want to work weekends. Yea, alittle selective, but I already have a job and still wanted a life. Someone I know was selected, but turned the offer down. It wasn't cost efffective to take the job. $9 an hr. could hardly pay the tolls and gas to get to there. After 6 months (I think) you get a raise to $9.50 per Hr. We all know that would hardly pay the bills I would rack up, even with an employee discount. I would be paying them each week. But I kinda figured it would it would go that way, but now I can go up when I want and not because I have to.:party29:

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Usually for grand opening events, retailers have their best people working the retail floor, (even to the extent of bringing in experienced personnel from other nearby locations) have the shelves fully stocked, and everything spit and polished to make a great first impression. I wonder if that means they'll have the shelves well stocked with .22lr????? Can't have a bare cupboard on opening day, now can we?

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Got my not selected from Cabela's HR. Didn't think I would, with the hours I was asking for. You had to do a minimum of 20Hrs. a week for part time, and I didn't want to work weekends. Yea, alittle selective, but I already have a job and still wanted a life. Someone I know was selected, but turned the offer down. It wasn't cost efffective to take the job. $9 an hr. could hardly pay the tolls and gas to get to there. After 6 months (I think) you get a raise to $9.50 per Hr. We all know that would hardly pay the bills I would rack up, even with an employee discount. I would be paying them each week. But I kinda figured it would it would go that way, but now I can go up when I want and not because I have to.:party29:

No tolls between Rising Sun and Christianna?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom