• Status
    Not open for further replies.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Md drops the charges against the pp
    States Attorney (or whomever serves this function in Annapolis) just saved the Capital Police and those that instructed them to make the arrest a lot of heartache in the court and media.

Hope this comes with an apology and a restatement from the DGS that peaceful protests that don't impede traffic are allowed on the sidewalk in front of Lawyer's Mall.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

FMD

Here's what I just got from my Delegate, Christian Miele:

Hi [FMD], I wanted to let you know that the charges were dropped on the two individuals that were arrested earlier this week. Below is a press release from the Republican Caucus about the situation. If you have any questions please let me know.

House Republican Leaders Applaud Decision to Drop Charges Against 2nd Amendment Activists

Annapolis – House Minority Leader Nic Kipke and House Minority Whip Kathy Szeliga today applauded the dropping of charges against two 2nd Amendment activists who were arrested in front of the State House on Monday night. Kevin and Jeff Hulbert, members of The Patriot Picket, an organization that supports 2nd Amendment rights and stage peaceful protests during the legislative session, were arrested during a protest Monday night. The charges against them were dropped today.

“This arrest never should have happened,” said House Minority Leader Nic Kipke. “Citizens have a sacred right to free speech which applies everywhere but especially at the Maryland State House. These gentlemen have been coming to Annapolis to lawfully express their views for years. I am relieved the charges against these gentlemen have been dropped and want to thank Governor Larry Hogan, Speaker Mike Busch, and State’s Attorney Wes Adams who I believe all shared my concerns about this unacceptable incident. The Capitol Police do a fantastic and not often easy job; I look forward to working with them to ensure something like this never happens again to anyone lawfully expressing their First Amendment rights.”

“Unimpeded political speech is a cornerstone of our democracy and a sacred right held by all Americans,” said House Minority Whip Kathy Szeliga. “While I am glad to see the charges dropped, this arrest never should have happened. I hope this incident serves as a learning opportunity for the Capitol Police and they can, in the future, strike the appropriate balance and protect the public without impeding on free speech. Otherwise, this arrest could have people thinking twice before they come to Annapolis to express their views. That would be a travesty.”

####

Sarah Horwath
    Legislative Director - Delegate Christian Miele, District 8
    Maryland House of Delegates
    316 House Office Building
    6 Bladen Street
    Annapolis, MD 21401
    (410) 841-3365

on_the_rox

Ultimate Member
    Oct 16, 2009
    Whiteford, MD
    Copy of letter.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1518201242211.jpg
      FB_IMG_1518201242211.jpg
      84.8 KB · Views: 393

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Folks, nothing is official until Deep Lurker and I have a chance to consult with CharlieFoxtrot, our criminal defense attorney.

There is more at stake than just the state declaring they are washing their hands of this matter, so for the time being, PLEASE don't speculate on ANYTHING about this case.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Folks, nothing is official until Deep Lurker and I have a chance to consult with CharlieFoxtrot, our criminal defense attorney.

There is more at stake than just the state declaring they are washing their hands of this matter, so for the time being, PLEASE don't speculate on ANYTHING about this case.

The Party is still on. Please stay on track.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Even if the charges have been dropped there should be a PERSONAL apology to Jeff and his brother by the MCP and it should be videotaped. (At the absolute minimum)
    Of course I'd also like to see whomever ordered this outed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom