Attachments

• 1895 win.jpg
      1895 win.jpg
      44.8 KB · Views: 469

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Hands down the neatest discovery I've seen in curio and relics.

Someone will just HAVE to have them.

Stupid money in 3...2...1...

capt14k

Jul 27, 2015
    Meh, If they were 1895 Russian maybe I would buy them. Commercial Models dime a dozen.

Sarcasm.

That is awesome. In a way I am happy they aren't 1895 Russian. I'm not as upset that I can't afford them.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

capt14k

Jul 27, 2015
    Same auction has a 1907 Savage .45 estimated hammer price $20K-$30K.

Estimate on the 1895 Crate $75k-$90k.

Make that 7 LM-4 Pistols. The ultimate Saturday Night Special. $2k-$3k

A couple 1903 Springfield 1903 .30-03 Ramrod Rifles. Didn’t even know they existed. Will have to forget about them with prices $10k-$30k.

1895 Winchester .30-06 with Bayonet. Also didn’t know it existed. I assume never issued to a military since price estimate is only $10k-$12k. Or for half the price a .30-40 Krag Colorado Guard Model, no bayonet.

Learned about another rifle I didn’t know existed that I now want and will probably never have. 1941 Johnson Chilean Contract in 7mm with estimate of $7k.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jul 1, 2012
    Not sure if the 23% (for cash) internet buyers premium includes ProxiBids bite, but daaaamnn. That's painful.

capt14k

Jul 27, 2015
    Not sure if the 23% (for cash) internet buyers premium includes ProxiBids bite, but daaaamnn. That's painful.
    IIRC they have their own website to bid through. If you use Proxibid you get hit with 23% + Proxibid fee + credit card fee + Shipping fee (best packing job). To.avoid all those fees phone bid.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Morphy has quickly moved up the food chain in firearms auctions. Just a couple of years ago they were selling mediocre stuff and the occasional fake. These days they've raised their game, getting much nicer consignments. Their facility outside of Reading PA has posh stadium type seating with cup holders and folding trays. Yet there's something oddly cold and sterile about it. Don't ask me why.
    Have noticed more than a few of the larger auction houses hosting their own online bidding sites, allowing them to sell less the 3% or more that Proxibid, Hibid, Invaluable, AuctionZip and others charge. Every little bit helps!

capt14k

Jul 27, 2015
    Morphy has quickly moved up the food chain in firearms auctions. Just a couple of years ago they were selling mediocre stuff and the occasional fake. These days they've raised their game, getting much nicer consignments. Their facility outside of Reading PA has posh stadium type seating with cup holders and folding trays. Yet there's something oddly cold and sterile about it. Don't ask me why.
    Have noticed more than a few of the larger auction houses hosting their own online bidding sites, allowing them to sell less the 3% or more that Proxibid, Hibid, Invaluable, AuctionZip and others charge. Every little bit helps!
    Morphy bought Julia which doubles their size.

Jul 1, 2012
    More importantly it gives them access to Juila's customer base (both consignor and bidder) and prestige.
    Julia's sold quite a few large, big-name collections including Dr. Sturgess (mostly Luger) and Warren Buxton (P.38 & Walther).

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    Poulin has also stepped up its game. I think a lot of this across-the-board stuff has to do with the fact that milsurps are getting scarce, collectors are holding on to what they have, and many pieces that make it to auction are from estates.

metalman3006

Gun Hoarder
    Sep 6, 2007
    Church Hill, MD
    someone got screwed, they paid a lot of money for a box

This was added to the description:

CORRECTION: It has been discovered that several of the rifles have been professionally restored.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan

CORRECTION: It has been discovered that several of the rifles have been professionally restored.

They looked brand spanking new.

As if all ten rifles had been professionally refinished.

Even the box looked brand spanking new.

If something's too good to be true.....

capt14k

Jul 27, 2015

That sucks if bidder didn't catch that. $7,000 per restored rifle and $9,950 for the box sounds way high. Did they list the out of order serial numbers in the original listing? Seems someone went through some trouble to put display together, but 10 restored 1895 .30-40 I would think value is at least $50,000 less.

capt14k

Jul 27, 2015
    They maybe worth closer to $1,000 a piece. That is what a restored 1895 sold for 2 years ago on gunauction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom