• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AirCav73

Mar 19, 2011
    North Carolina
    Well the time has come. Retiring and moving to Eastern North Carolina. Looking for some recommendations/suggestions for a moving company. Lot's of boxes, some small furniture, and a 800lb gun safe. No appliances - mattresses - sofas to move. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Well the time has come. Retiring and moving to Eastern North Carolina. Looking for some recommendations/suggestions for a moving company. Lot's of boxes, some small furniture, and a 800lb gun safe. No appliances - mattresses - sofas to move. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Perry Moving is out of Hanover, MD, and they do interstate moves. I've heard stories about moves to Atlanta and places further south that they have done.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Can't help you on a mover, but just want to say congrats and enjoy the freedoms of America. I hear it's beautiful.

AirCav73

Mar 19, 2011
    North Carolina
    Thanks for the suggestions. Have called and waiting for responses (quotes). The safe seems to be of some issue so if it is a deal breaker, I'll sell it here and buy a new one down there. We are moving to outside of Hertford which is 20 miles south of Elizabeth city and 15 miles north of Edenton.

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    What part of eastern North Carolina? A few of us are popping up down here.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

I saw you wrote this and laughed. I'm currently sitting in a hotel near New Bern, and was talking with a co-worker about the number of pawn shops. I can't​ believe an area like this can possibly support so many pawn shops. It's like the pawn shop capital of the world.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    jk moving out of dulles, va did a great job for us moving from reston to purcellville. that included a decent sized safe. pretty sure they do long haul moves also.

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    We used JK moving and we're very happy

Move us out and store
    Move some stuff to rental
    Pick us up at rental and deliver rest of goods to new home

In storage for 2 months

They packed all boxes and unpacked everything.

Only the sun tea container broke

Will happily use them again when it's our turn to move

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country

I may be a little late to respond my my friend is one the owners of A-One moving in Chester MD. He's a gun owner and 2A supporter. The owners do all of the estimates so they are accurate. They have good rates and do good work. If you are not satisfied with you other estimates give them a call.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    Thanks for the suggestions. Have called and waiting for responses (quotes). The safe seems to be of some issue so if it is a deal breaker, I'll sell it here and buy a new one down there. We are moving to outside of Hertford which is 20 miles south of Elizabeth city and 15 miles north of Edenton.

Family on I think Bear creek rd. ? in Hertford .Theirs nothing their but peanut fields

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    I saw you wrote this and laughed. I'm currently sitting in a hotel near New Bern, and was talking with a co-worker about the number of pawn shops. I can't​ believe an area like this can possibly support so many pawn shops. It's like the pawn shop capital of the world.

Nobody goes to NC pawn shops. The staff has no clue.

OP - Enjoy the move and retirement.

Wissel

Apr 29, 2022
    Baltimore
    Look into Three Movers. I've used them before w no issues (including a gun safe) and they have offices in MD and NC. More on the affordable side than some others too, at least when I last used them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom