• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Who is your MD FFL and what are they charging for the transfer? It is rare to buy an off the shelf pistol cheaper than local once you factor in shipping and FFL fees.

Not that this subject hasn't been beaten to death, but I have never been able to save money by buying locally. Many online retailers will ship for free or for less than $10, no sales tax, and transfer fees at Bollingers are $15 for long guns and $35 for pistols.

I will say that Jlowes committed to matching any online, out the door price. I may consider this next time, however he is about a 90 minute drive from me.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    In all fairness, if you do buy from John Lowe, remember you may be paying tolls. This must also be taken into consideration. For me, I pay the tolls and it still works for me. Yes, you can take Route 1 and avoid the tolls over the Susquehanna River if that would a factor.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    In all fairness, if you do buy from John Lowe, remember you may be paying tolls. This must also be taken into consideration. For me, I pay the tolls and it still works for me. Yes, you can take Route 1 and avoid the tolls over the Susquehanna River if that would a factor.

Then there is that too.

Scorpioj

Feb 27, 2017
    US of A
    Blue Fin is doing the transfer for 45.00 plus the 10 State fee. The free shipping was the deciding factor. Everyone else locally was at least 25 more +tax.

Scorpioj

Feb 27, 2017
    US of A
    Local

Who is your MD FFL and what are they charging for the transfer? It is rare to buy an off the shelf pistol cheaper than local once you factor in shipping and FFL fees.

I did look around locally but either the shop couldn't get or it was much more expensive. I try to shop locally whenever financially feasible and sensible.

ryan

Jul 8, 2015
    You can try kygunco. Their price is good with free shipping. And they are willing to ship mags separately to out of state address. Just need to pay $11 more for the extra shipping.

Scorpioj

Feb 27, 2017
    US of A
    You can try kygunco. Their price is good with free shipping. And they are willing to ship mags separately to out of state address. Just need to pay $11 more for the extra shipping.
    Thanks. I did look at KYG. I found the gun at Bud's and now just waiting on the 7 day hurry up and wait period.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom