• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tomrkba

Jan 22, 2017
    Where do you buy your ammo in Baltimore? I prefer to buy by the case.

Freestate range is charging $20 for 50 rounds of Independence Ammo 9mm which is nuts.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I generally get it from Sportsman's Guide. SGAmmo is a good source as well. Only local purchases are from WalMart.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    For online purchases, I use this:
    http://gunbot.net/ammo/pistol/9mm/

I don't like remanufactured or steelcase, so I turn the filters on for those so they don't appear. Sort by price after that.

For local quick buys, the Walmarts around are pretty decent. Dundalk, Middle River, and sometimes White Marsh usually have reasonable prices.
    Otherwise, Dick's Sporting Goods sometimes has deals running too.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Freestate range is charging $20 for 50 rounds of Independence Ammo 9mm which is nuts.

The sad part about this is that there are people who don't know any better that are willing to pay $20 for $10 worth of ammo. That is $0.40 per round for Christ sake.

The best place to buy ammo is online. I typically use slickguns.com (soon to be gun.deals) and am able to find 9mm for $0.18 per round and sometimes much less expensive with rebates.

https://www.slickguns.com/category/ammo

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    For anything but a range trip I use the internet.

If I'm hitting the range I usually hit up Wal-Mart so I don't take from the stash.

Great deals can be found on the internet.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Seek and ye shall find.....

www.ammoseek.com

Is there a problem ordering online ammo? No CC? If so, I know some of these houses will take a USPS MO and will ship when it clears. Sadly enough they get faked sometimes as well.

tomrkba

Jan 22, 2017
    Sorry...I should have been clear. I meant "Where can I buy it in person at a store?" I already do online buying, but sometimes I run out before I get the next shipment of ammo in.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    You may want to try the Timonium Gun Show that's in 2 weeks. Not saying there will be deals there. But you will probably be able to find ammo by the case.

Good Luck!

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Cabelas if I happen to be there for an out of state purchase anyway. Only times I buy local is Walmart for the cheap Winchester or federal target shotgun shells for clays. A couple of times I've picked up 22lr and/or hunting ammo at Bass Pro.

Otherwise I've never run in to a situation where I've "run out" between internet orders. I mean, I keep a couple of years supply on hand as it is, but beyond that, it is cheaper online than almost anytime "in person". So unless it is something very particular and/or I can only swing buying a couple of boxes of something, okay I fire up my computer and a few minutes later I've got $100 of ammo ordered and to me in probably a week or less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom