What did you do at your reloading bench today?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Pulled components from GI .30-06 M2 Ball and M2 AP. They're still getting cleaned up in the tumbler at the moment given that the vast majority was from '41, '52, and '56 and they were stored in less than ideal conditions.

Need to get off my butt and load the 130 or round of .223 that I have prepped up.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I got a large bucket of mixed range brass from a buddy yesterday, and have been throwing time at sorting it out. Pass #1 to (hopefully) remove all the steel cases is done. Working on pass #2, which is to sift out all the 9mm and 223. Will deal with 40 and 45 sifting after that. Seems like a pretty good haul from the 9mm and 45 perspective. Not a ton of 223, but I'm pretty well-stocked on that, so no loss.

ETA: there's a surprising amount of 44mag brass in here. Maybe it's time to finally buy that Desert Eagle!

D_S

Aug 22, 2018
    Hollywood
    Getting ready to load a few test rounds for a new 6.5 BRM contender. anyone on this post have any good loading data for it or the 6BRM?

Kirkster

Jan 9, 2009
    Severn, PRoMD
    I will post in photos.

Started kind of rough.

85E02352-43A7-4EDB-9B9C-1FEFE06BB645-scaled-e1604976479336.jpeg

Then once I replaced the decapper pin and finished the run of cases it looked like this

EBAE0C63-92A3-4F9C-B11D-93391C2C0219-e1604976507553.jpeg

And then seated all the freedom seeds.

41EFE7DC-2E48-4822-9173-BFFFA725D29D-scaled-e1604976532364.jpeg

NewTwo

Jan 10, 2020
    My only reloading is with 28 Gauge on a Mec Jr. Luckily it's still as affordable as ever. In fact with 12 gauge retail being as high as it is nowadays it's often cheaper!

gwfrench

Aug 21, 2014
    Frederick, MD
    Trimming and priming 200 223 brass, ready to powder and bulletize tomorrow. Bought my last 556 last November from SGAMMO.
    Nice Winchester 62gr open-tip @ $6.85/20, zips along at 2950fps from a 16" barrel. Next time that Winchester brass is used it'll be for my reloads.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Tweaked my 300aac turret a little more. Think I've just about got the case mouth flare to where I want it. I don't know why Lee doesn't make a 300aac powder through expander. Loaded some more primed brass, too. I'll do another test fire next time I got the range.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

shocker998md

Ultimate Member
    May 29, 2009
    Snow Hill MD
    Finished up some plinking 223 with my son. He's 4 years old and loves almost anything to do with running the Dillon 550 or tumbling and sorting brass.

I figure I can set up my Lyman single stage and get him sizing and depriving small stuff in another year.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    did my very first depriming and sizing, .223. i got a couple of dents in the neck & shoulder so stopped. buddy is coming by next week to help me get started, which i obviously need.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    did my very first depriming and sizing, .223. i got a couple of dents in the neck & shoulder so stopped. buddy is coming by next week to help me get started, which i obviously need.

At first it seems very intimidating for everyone. Once you start to understand how things work/relate, it becomes less scary.

If you need any help, hit me up.

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel

Likely too much lube. Only a little is needed on the side of the cases. Keep it away from the neck. If it gets in there, dents in the case neck usually result.

Be sure to read a Reloading Handbook or two and check everything twice while learning.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    yep i'm reading two books/manuals. i did see that dents can be from too much lube. i didn't think i had too much but i will try less. i read about the vent holes but didn't see them in mine (redding) but i'll check again. i did clean out the die with hoppes and it didn't seem there was that much shipping grease in it. super appreciate the suggestions!

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Could be too much lube or not letting certain lines dry enough(hornady one shot)

If you're using hornady one shot, give it time to dry for a good 10-15 minutes before putting into the die.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom