• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Beefcube

Sammich King
    Mar 15, 2011
    Westminster
    Picked one up last week as a new carry.
    The Defender series comes with one magazine and a paper box, out the door at 380$.
    Looked around and the selections were minimal at most places and I was looking in the line of single stacks, Glock 43, Walther PPS. Didn't want to wait on ordering and the shop was busy so I grabbed it while it was available.
    A very solid little double stack for the price.

Anybody else shooting the XD line ?
    Thoughts ?

Mr.Blue

Living In A Bizarro World
    Nov 21, 2011
    Miserable in MD
    It’s a great line of handguns. People piss on Springfield because they took some questionable positions on gun control years back, but the XD line is excellent and so is their customer service. While I have Glocks, XDs, and M&Ps, I think I like the XDs the best. Having shot 1911s and CZs the most, I prefer the XD grip angle more than the Glocks. YMMV.

My nightstand gun is an XD45 Tactical with 13+1 of Gold Dot 230s.

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    My carry gun used to be xd9sc but now I carry a xdm9 3.8c. Spare mag holds 19 instead 13. No real reason for the switch and now a total of 3 XDs.

JoeyBimmer

Jul 22, 2020
    Eldersburg MD
    I like the XD ergonomics, Glocks do not fit in my hand correctly. Though after shooting some FN's I think FN maybe my pistol brand of choice.

I have an XD40. I have put a few thousand rounds through it over the years. The XD line is not even close to the best pistol on the market, but I do like them. I am thinking of converting it to a 9mm, and maybe purchasing another 40cal. If I get something that fires a 45 it will most likely be a 1911 or 2011

Ever Sig I have ever fired I have disliked. I don't know why. I was hoping the PPQ was going to be my savoir but the triggers don't work quite right for me. I would have to 'learn' to shoot one as to not cause a case of squeezing the trigger, not getting a full pull and not having a bullet fire.

I also love 1911's, but I cannot think of many people who dislike them

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    I like the XD ergonomics, Glocks do not fit in my hand correctly. Though after shooting some FN's I think FN maybe my pistol brand of choice.

I have an XD40. I have put a few thousand rounds through it over the years. The XD line is not even close to the best pistol on the market, but I do like them. I am thinking of converting it to a 9mm, and maybe purchasing another 40cal. If I get something that fires a 45 it will most likely be a 1911 or 2011

Ever Sig I have ever fired I have disliked. I don't know why. I was hoping the PPQ was going to be my savoir but the triggers don't work quite right for me. I would have to 'learn' to shoot one as to not cause a case of squeezing the trigger, not getting a full pull and not having a bullet fire.

I also love 1911's, but I cannot think of many people who dislike them

FYI, before you buy a 1911, make sure it fits your hand. Like you, the XD's, (XDm's and XDs's), have great ergonomics for me and they fit my hand nicely. Glocks and 1911's do not fit my hand...and I'd like to join the cult of 1911, but for me it's pointless.

JoeyBimmer

Jul 22, 2020
    Eldersburg MD
    FYI, before you buy a 1911, make sure it fits your hand. Like you, the XD's, (XDm's and XDs's), have great ergonomics for me and they fit my hand nicely. Glocks and 1911's do not fit my hand...and I'd like to join the cult of 1911, but for me it's pointless.

I have already shot a Springfield standard sized 1911 on rental, and yeah, they fit even better then my XD does, and I REALLY enjoy pewing that lovely beast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom