• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    https://www.theblaze.com/news/judge...ND 2020-09-05&utm_term=TheBlaze Breaking News

The ruling will prohibit officers from using such crowd control tactics on "peaceful protesters" for a period of at least 14 days.

Detroit Police Chief James Craig says he supports the move, and insists that his officers have only used force when demonstrators were not peaceful.

Coming to a police force near you? How much longer will people still want to be a police officer?

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I love his comments about “we will continue to use appropriate actions depending on the threat to the police officers”. Sorta like the “they bring a knife you bring a gun”. Peaceful protests are no longer considered peaceful if they disregard the law or lawful orders. Peaceful protests are like the PP had in Annapolis. And when we had people that refused to break the law when directed to a area requiring a permit they were arrested. Lawsuit still pending after years.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Just paving the way for Omni Consumer Products to start working on Detroit II.

OCP has a great solution for Law Enforcement, just ask Alex Murphy.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    The judge is right. Someone (or a group) who is peacefully protesting should not be OC'd , subjected to flash bangs or any other aggression from the police.

I haven't seen a peaceful protest in months.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    Now we need to find a judge who upholds arrests against violent antifas and blms and keeps them out of the fight.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    The judge will change his mind when they come to "protest" him. Just like the Portland mayor.

Boats

Beer, Bikes n Boomsticks
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    The judge doesn't seem to understand that by taking these less-lethal methods away from police, it will limit their options when faced with "peaceful protestors" engaging in riot behavior.

This will increase the body count.

1911msc

May 12, 2020
    North San Diego
    Looters, rioters and those causing mayhem should be shot twice. We can't have a civilized society where these destructive and violent practices go unchecked. If LEO and Govt can't handle this it is militias responsibility.

135sohc

Ultimate Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    I have not heard Detroit having any riots from this stuff.

Other than right in down town there is nothing of value left to destroy in Detroit..

If you get bored sometime just checkout the google streetview and satellite images of the area. Never would think somewhere in the USA looks like a third world war zone.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    I wish the police would all just quit already and give these shitbags what they are asking for.

Some men , you just can’t reach, so ya get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it, well, he gets it!!!

Less than a month and these folks will be begging for the police to come back.

Boats

Beer, Bikes n Boomsticks
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    I wish the police would all just quit already and give these shitbags what they are asking for.

Some men , you just can’t reach, so ya get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it, well, he gets it!!!

Less than a month and these folks will be begging for the police to come back.

Maybe.

The problem is that, much like the media hyping gun violence as being a bigger problem than it actually is, those protesting are the vocal hyper-minority....with rioters being an even smaller minority.

It is possible that doing this would embolden the silent majority (i.e. peaceful people who just want to work and provide for their families) to take back their towns, however those people literally pay to have the police do that for them in the form of taxes. So while giving rioters what they want may "teach them a lesson" (although probably not, it will just be spun into "see, we were right, the police don't care about us"); it will definitely hurt the people who have higher priorities than protesting....like family, work, school, goals etc.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I love the chief's response. They aren't using these things on peaceful protestors, they are using them on rioters, so nothing changes. Duh.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    It may just be the reporting, but someone needs to clue the judge in that this is not 'anti protest gear' but 'anti riot gear'.

If demonstrators are willing to do things like 'step out of the road when asked' AND dont do things like 'throw cans of garbanzo beans', most cops would probably prefer to interact with them while wearing their regular uniform.

None of this is about 'protesting'.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I love his comments about “we will continue to use appropriate actions depending on the threat to the police officers”. Sorta like the “they bring a knife you bring a gun”. Peaceful protests are no longer considered peaceful if they disregard the law or lawful orders. Peaceful protests are like the PP had in Annapolis. And when we had people that refused to break the law when directed to a area requiring a permit they were arrested. Lawsuit still pending after years.

The bastids are waiting for the principals to die so the case can be mooted. :mad54:

The judge doesn't seem to understand that by taking these less-lethal methods away from police, it will limit their options when faced with "peaceful protestors" engaging in riot behavior.

This will increase the body count.

Fire hoses. Just sayin',,,

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom