• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    The numbers are in for April and it is a new record for the month 3,514,070. To put that number in perspective from the time NICS checks started in 1998 all the way through 2019 no month topped 3,000,000 checks, March of 2020 was the first month to top 3 million.

So far in the first four months of 2021 we have had 15,966,389 background checks and that number already exceeds the full year totals for every year through 2010. As the thread title says there are "A Lot Of Guns Being Bought".

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    The numbers are in for April and it is a new record for the month 3,514,070.

And that's with only scarce, expensive inventory available. Joemala may well usurp Obama's title as Greatest Gun Salesman Of All Time, and win the brand new titles of Greatest Liquidator Of Those Crappy Guns We've Been Trying To Unload Since 2013 and Most Likely To Get People Who Don't Even Own A Single Piece Of Denim To Look Into Black Powder.

I worked the gun show in Fredericksburg with our IP Genesis Firearms. Epic weekend with MDeng and BradMacc. We sold a lot of guns. Interestingly, a large number were sold to African-American females. Almost all had recently been through training and many had their carry permits. A wonderful bunch of ladies in general. It was great helping them pick carry guns. I think this is a great sign of more folks getting behind their right to self defense. If this trend continues, gun control is dead.

I have seen the same trend at Masada Tactical. There is a HUGE uptick in AA females buying guns by themselves.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Interestingly, a large number were sold to African-American females. Almost all had recently been through training and many had their carry permits. A wonderful bunch of ladies in general. It was great helping them pick carry guns. I think this is a great sign of more folks getting behind their right to self defense. If this trend continues, gun control is dead.

I'm sure that that is true. It's hard to see from way down in the black pit of MD, but the trend toward Shall Issue and ConCarry is huge, and not slowing down at all.

The Blamtifa peaceful rioting will continue, and has already inspired millions of citizens to become gun owners. It renews my hope that Americans are not ready to bend over and drop their pants for the rioters and their puppet masters.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Having a gun and having the heuvos, never mind training/savvy to use said gun are far different issues.

As mentioned, the more folks who feel the need and follow up that feeling with action in order to be able to defend themselves and their loved ones...THE BETTER OFF AMERICA IS.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    The numbers are in for April and it is a new record for the month 3,514,070. To put that number in perspective from the time NICS checks started in 1998 all the way through 2019 no month topped 3,000,000 checks, March of 2020 was the first month to top 3 million.

So far in the first four months of 2021 we have had 15,966,389 background checks and that number already exceeds the full year totals for every year through 2010. As the thread title says there are "A Lot Of Guns Being Bought".
    And again, what that number doesn't show are the guns bought in secondary non-regulated sales, nor does it cover the number of guns being put together as builds.

I think Biden can talk a big talk, but there isn't going to be a lot of support for gun control legislation - not if they don't want to be voted out in mid-terms.

A lot of folks are getting into reloading in an effort to bypass ammo costs and shortages only to find that there are component shortages that go along with everything else.

135sohc

Ultimate Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    Disappointed in us all here... If everyone on MDS did there part we could have reached 5 million for the month.

Until the specific models I want come back into stock, I wont be buying anything else to tide me over :innocent0

Mike_mds

Oct 11, 2020
    Ceciltucky
    Having a gun and having the heuvos, never mind training/savvy to use said gun are far different issues.

As mentioned, the more folks who feel the need and follow up that feeling with action in order to be able to defend themselves and their loved ones...THE BETTER OFF AMERICA IS.

I’ve taken a couple pistol training courses over the last 3 months where women were very well represented...AR training they were nowhere to be found, but I am assuming most women are (like my wife) getting a pistol for self defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    At the current rate 2021 should easily exceed 40,000,000 NICS Checks for the yearly total.

At this time last year they had done 12,156,985 checks. This year 15,966,389. So after four months this year is already 3,809,404 ahead of last year at this time.

The bad news is it looks like the ammo and component shortage and high gun prices will continue.

bigmancrisler

2A Preacher
    Jun 4, 2020
    Martinsburg, WV
    I worked the gun show in Fredericksburg with our IP Genesis Firearms. Epic weekend with MDeng and BradMacc. We sold a lot of guns. Interestingly, a large number were sold to African-American females. Almost all had recently been through training and many had their carry permits. A wonderful bunch of ladies in general. It was great helping them pick carry guns. I think this is a great sign of more folks getting behind their right to self defense. If this trend continues, gun control is dead.

Had their carry permits??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    I've done my best to add to those numbers as well as having sold a bunch. My objective is not defense...those requirements have been satisfied long ago with what I already own and have designated for such use. What I obtain now...not that they can't be used for defense...is to satisfy certain collector goals...and because I enjoy it for its own sake.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County

I was at Baltimore's Best Pawn this past Saturday morning and two African American women were in there picking up their handguns. Sig Sauer P365's for each of them. Dan's Dad was patiently explaining how to safely handle the guns to them. The ladies were so excited and proudly told me that this was their first handgun purchase ever. I did not ask if they planned to carry them but the Sig's are small enough for that if they could get carry permits. I welcomed them to the club and reminded them to observe gun safety at all times.

Cal68

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    That’s the data that can be/is tracked... Been said before. Needs to be said again.

Only a subset.

Looks like the common folks smell something stinky and are following their survival sense.

Can’t hardly blame them, can ya?

You are spot on. The more it stinks the more "common folks" will woke in ways the progressives won't like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom