Go Back   Maryland Shooters > The Arsenal > Curio and Relic (C&R)
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old July 11th, 2018, 01:00 PM #5261
piled higher and deeper

piled higher and deeper

That's quite a sale that SOG has going. Two P64 pistols for $350 (or 1 for $195). Not C&R or MD legal for purchase, but $725 for a Colt LE6920 is an amazing price too. Couldn't find these for less than $1300/1400 during the summer of 2013 before FSA 2013 was taking effect.

Of course with SOG, there will be a credit card surcharge as well as a shipping fee, but still great overall price in the end.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old July 11th, 2018, 01:51 PM #5262
ZFG

Location: Where the men are men and the sheep are scared. Woodbine!
ZFG

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidelity View Post
That's quite a sale that SOG has going. Two P64 pistols for $350 (or 1 for $195). Not C&R or MD legal for purchase, but $725 for a Colt LE6920 is an amazing price too. Couldn't find these for less than $1300/1400 during the summer of 2013 before FSA 2013 was taking effect.

Of course with SOG, there will be a credit card surcharge as well as a shipping fee, but still great overall price in the end.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
They paid more for those 6920s than what they’re selling them for. They’ve been dropping their prices on those those guns for two years now.

CNN is ISIS
Alphabrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2018, 07:24 PM #5263

As much as I hate to pass on a ďdealĒ, I just canít bring myself to spend $220 on a P64. Itís like a girl with busted teeth. They just donít do it for me. Iíd rather buy a spam can of 54R or ... a scabbard for my Swiss M1914 Pioneer bayonet (thank you Simpson!)
Abulg1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2018, 11:45 PM #5264

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abulg1972 View Post
As much as I hate to pass on a ďdealĒ, I just canít bring myself to spend $220 on a P64. Itís like a girl with busted teeth. They just donít do it for me. Iíd rather buy a spam can of 54R or ... a scabbard for my Swiss M1914 Pioneer bayonet (thank you Simpson!)
I went back and forth in wanting one and then not wanting one. I finally came down on the side of $190 a pop after SOGís credit card fees and shipping ($175 each on sale before all that) and how could I not as an investment. Iíll try them and if I love them Iíll keep one. I suspect I wonít.

But hell, even crappy guns go up in price eventually. Look at Mosin Nagants. A year or two from now P64 might be $250 each and 3 or 4 years from now they might be $300. Making 50% profit on my investment in 4 years time is pretty danged good even if it was a small investment.

And if I do like them, then Iíll keep one and sell the other one at some point and then I ended up getting one for stupid cheap after the profit on the one I sell.

But I am pretty sure Iíll shoot a box through the pair, clean them, oil them and tuck them in the back of my safe for a few years before selling them.
lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2018, 11:56 PM #5265

Buy it. You won't regret it.
Worgenski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2018, 09:23 AM #5266

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
I went back and forth in wanting one and then not wanting one. I finally came down on the side of $190 a pop after SOGís credit card fees and shipping ($175 each on sale before all that) and how could I not as an investment. Iíll try them and if I love them Iíll keep one. I suspect I wonít.

But hell, even crappy guns go up in price eventually. Look at Mosin Nagants. A year or two from now P64 might be $250 each and 3 or 4 years from now they might be $300. Making 50% profit on my investment in 4 years time is pretty danged good even if it was a small investment.

And if I do like them, then Iíll keep one and sell the other one at some point and then I ended up getting one for stupid cheap after the profit on the one I sell.

But I am pretty sure Iíll shoot a box through the pair, clean them, oil them and tuck them in the back of my safe for a few years before selling them.

The problem with guns is that, for the most part, you donít know how much interest they hold until they are no longer available. P64s have been available for many years and the price has remained stagnant - in fact, if anything prices have come down. I have no doubt that P64s will eventually be worth more than they are today. One thing going against them is that they are police pistols.
Old July 12th, 2018, 01:01 PM #5267

I might buy a couple of P64s purely as trade and sale fodder.
Old July 12th, 2018, 01:14 PM #5268

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abulg1972 View Post
The problem with guns is that, for the most part, you donít know how much interest they hold until they are no longer available. P64s have been available for many years and the price has remained stagnant - in fact, if anything prices have come down. I have no doubt that P64s will eventually be worth more than they are today. One thing going against them is that they are police pistols.
Absolutely. It might take 10 years for the prices go upa bunch. But Iíd bet they will eventually. For decades Nagants and Mosin-Nagants have been super cheap. But then some of the last large batches of imported stocks seemed to dry up and prices doubled in just a few years.

I doubt all P64s will be gone from dealers soon, but availability is sure going down and the big guys seem comfortable selling them for $219+ and Iíve seen some at shops for $250-300. Doesnít mean they sell a lot of them, but I assume someone is paying that price now and again.

So it could be a year it could be five, but it seems like some of the last large stocks of them are finally dwindling.

And I figure worst comes to worst I probably could get all my money back out without a loss as cheap as that SOG deal is.
lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2018, 03:52 PM #5269
ZFG

ZFG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike OTDP View Post
I might buy a couple of P64s purely as trade and sale fodder.
MSP paperwork makes C&R pistols more difficult to sell in Maryland. Why deal with MSP when you could get it mailed to your door from out of state? Thereís a Nagant pistol in the classifieds I would have jumped on but donít want to deal with MSP hassle.

Long guns are much better trade fodder.

CNN is ISIS
Alphabrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2018, 05:11 PM #5270

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
Absolutely. It might take 10 years for the prices go upa bunch. But Iíd bet they will eventually. For decades Nagants and Mosin-Nagants have been super cheap. But then some of the last large batches of imported stocks seemed to dry up and prices doubled in just a few years.

I doubt all P64s will be gone from dealers soon, but availability is sure going down and the big guys seem comfortable selling them for $219+ and Iíve seen some at shops for $250-300. Doesnít mean they sell a lot of them, but I assume someone is paying that price now and again.

So it could be a year it could be five, but it seems like some of the last large stocks of them are finally dwindling.

And I figure worst comes to worst I probably could get all my money back out without a loss as cheap as that SOG deal is.

Iíd rather spend money on the Yugo M57 Toks for $195.

Home Page > Forum List > The Arsenal > Curio and Relic (C&R)