• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redd Byrd

Oct 2, 2007
    I too noticed SOG's change to C&R status for the Yugo Toks. And with their price reduction it's very tempting to add a Yugo to my collection while they're available. I already have Romy and Polish versions and they're nice shooters (but the add on safety sucks).

7.62x25 milsurp ammo is still affordable. But I already have 2 Toks and 3 CZ-52's that eat it. A Yugo Tok would be yet another mouth to feed. Decisions - decisions. :banghead:

I'm torn between. It'd be nice to have another Tok, but I'm not yet ready to jump on one of these with stash cash being tight. Can you guys change my mind? Are they worth having? Do I need an extra push from ya??

Maybe...:innocent0

I have a Romy & an early Polish and now a Yugo, I'm glad I did it :D

What I received looks not to have been issued, barrel is crisp & shiny, absolutely no ware anywhere internal or external except where knuckle dragger's installed the safety, finish is marred, that can be touched up though. Serial numbers match on barrel, slide & frame, the slide serial number is prefixed with a "G", I'll have to go to another site to determine the year of assembly. Each part is identified with a sequential drawing or part number. I did go for the extra $10 select fee and feel it was worth while.

So here;s to you :innocent0

OrangeSpear

NRA Member
    Feb 4, 2010
    Owings Mills
    i just ordered a Romy from there a few weeks ago and I paid the $10 handpick fee. I can post up pictures if needed. My big complaint is the add on safety. It is SO stiff i about needed pliers to pull it down the first couple of times. I would like to just remove it if possible.

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    SOG will now sell only one mag with the Yugo, but they give you $10 off.

Bryan

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    Whats that all about? How much are they individually?

Dunno what they go for individually, but the lady said they didn't have enough mags to ship 2 with each gun any more, but would ship with one and take $10 off.

Bryan

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Im very tempted but the one mag is a big turn off for me, what if i get it and the mag has a issue, them im stuck with a non firing gun? I wonder is Aim or someone else is going to list some soon.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    I don't think they fit. M57 mags are 9 rounders

Im very tempted but the one mag is a big turn off for me, what if i get it and the mag has a issue, them im stuck with a non firing gun? I wonder is Aim or someone else is going to list some soon.

I don't know guys. Learning op for me. Does a Yugo Tok take a different mag than my Romy or Polish Toks? I've not tried to interchange their mags (got 2 with each when I bought them and they work fine...)

I'm confused...(not the first time for that).

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    I guess I learned something new. A Tok is not necessarily a Tok. I haven't yet ordered a Yugo from SOG and still may, but the mags don't seem to be the same at all. I never knew.

I tried my Romy mags in my Polish TT-33 and visa versa a little while ago. They interchange fine. But then a Yugo takes a different mag? What were they thinking?

I haven't yet read the all the posts on the site below regarding mag issues, but I'm thinking I may pass on an SOG Yugo. It could be like having a 7.35 Carcano: nice C&R gun, but if I can't feed it, I don't need it.
    http://forums.gunboards.com/showthr...ternate-magazine-option&p=1354719#post1354719

I'm still confused.

rrrrrrkevin

Its comin right for me!
    Jul 18, 2008
    North Beach
    As soon as I get my C&R in the mail I want to order a yugo and a polish tok. I really just want the yugo to have a bigger collection but I would probably shoot the polish one more and also my romy

Atlasarmory

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2009
    Glen Burnie
    Ups delivered my M57 today. Cant imagine a surplus gun being in any better condition. paid the extra 10$ for hand pick. gun is 99% perfect

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Well, I broke down and ordered one of the Yugos from SOG this morning. BTW, the additional $10 off since there's only one mag ended last Monday. Even their website says only one mag now. As hard as I tried to talk my buddy Kelly into extending the $10 or (please, please) find me a second mag she couldn't do it. My bet is the Tok will be in great shape tho. I s'pose I'll find out what it's like come Tuesday.

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    Mine arrived today, slathered in old, dried, sticky cosmolene. Slide and barrel match, but not to the lower. Haven't cleaned it yet, but it looks good right now.

Holster is tan, with lots of what appears to be chalk or white mold. No writing on it, so I can't tell where or who it came from (Cyrillic or Latin writing would be a clue).

I did get the $10 off for getting only one mag.

Bryan

Original poster here, wow, lots of replies!

The safety is an add-on, but its better thought-out than most, and is similar to a 1911-style safety.

YugoM57.001.jpg

Quality-wise, I have heard the Polish are the best, and of course the wartime Soviet the worst. But these are relative terms.

Looks like others have picked up on the CZ-52 conversion on Gunboards.

The only tip I can offer on removing the paraffin-heavy cosmoline is to let it sit in a hot car until it softens and wipe off as much as you can.

Oh, and a heads-up, because it has a one-piece guide rod, it doesn't disassemble like a 1911-style pistol where you remove the barrel bushing first. Remove the slide stop and run the slide forward and off the frame, then cam the guide rod forward, then up to free it up.

Oh and from Gunboards, there is a survey, that letter prefix actually corresponds to a date.

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?103742-Yugo-M57-Tokarev-Survey

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom