• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    Found an ad in this months Rifleman magazine.Apparrently these are the last quality Mauser's at this low price and the final shipment.anyone have any input?Thinking of ordering one.
    http://mauser.org/rifles/K98k German/index.htm

Do a little research on the company "mitchel's mausers" before buying anything they are selling.

On a side note, i love your avatar, thats from the old NSU tee shirts.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    If you are looking for a collectible then avoid Mitchells.

If you want a gun to shoot with tight headspace, no muzzle erosion, and a new bore then pony up for the Mitchells.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Dried up until someone stumbles over the next lump, but in reality they are a finite resource and generally (with the exception of the occasional cache) the quality goes down and the price goes up.

I like picking through piles of Russian captures for unpeened markings.

Feb 17, 2009
    On a side note, i love your avatar, thats from the old NSU tee shirts.
    What is NSU I'd love a shirt?i stumbled across it and loved it lol.
    Thanks for all the info,I'd still like one and im gonna add it to my long list still my only problem is where to shoot.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    What is NSU I'd love a shirt?i stumbled across it and loved it lol.
    Thanks for all the info,I'd still like one and im gonna add it to my long list still my only problem is where to shoot.

Its an old Hardcore band from baltimore called Next Step Up, circa early to mid 90's. Another band may have re issued them with their logo sometime in the last couple of years.

Slimjim

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    Wasnt it Mitchells who was forging markings on mausers, Russian capture guns (Somewhat valuable) were being turned into normal 98K german mausers?

midcountyg

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2009
    Preston, MD
    If you are looking for a collectible then avoid Mitchells.

If you want a gun to shoot with tight headspace, no muzzle erosion, and a new bore then pony up for the Mitchells.

:thumbsup: Mitchells are force matched reconditioned guns, not original as they advertise. However, for the price they are nice shooters and worth the money imho. I hear that the majority of k98s are going to Australia, largely due to the value of our dollar being weak in the international market. That coupled with them only allowed to own bolt actions means they bring more money there.

surplusfan

Feb 2, 2009
    PA
    Yeah that is the old next step up logo...I think stout is using it too. I don't know, those mausers are probably drying up. I still think they'll be around 10 years from now. Things have ways of turning up.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    :thumbsup: Mitchells are force matched reconditioned guns, not original as they advertise. However, for the price they are nice shooters and worth the money imho. I hear that the majority of k98s are going to Australia, largely due to the value of our dollar being weak in the international market. That coupled with them only allowed to own bolt actions means they bring more money there.

:) Good minds think alike.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom