• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jfking

BANNED!!!
    Sep 14, 2020
    the sties site is very unclear on where to apply and how. also all there " click here " links do not go anywhere.

1) I have md hunter safety course . I should be able to skip class and field day instruction yes ?

2) I know I need get finger printed , where ?

3) I know i need to fill out the application , also where is it ? who or where do I mail it to ? can I hand deliver to state police near me ?
    its not shown on the states page other than click here and it doesn't work for the last month.

4)

Rick

NRA Life Member
    Feb 25, 2016
    Eastern Shore
    It's been a while since I had to apply for my HQL, but from what I remember that site would only work in Internet Explorer. Other browser would miss a lot of links. I don't know if this has been fixed or not, or if this is the issue you're having. There was a work-around posted, but I don't remember what that was. I don't even know if Internet Explorer is a thing or not anymore. My only suggestion is maybe try a different browser.

Hope you can figure it out.

iplay4fun

Aug 15, 2020
    I applied recently and had no trouble using Google Chrome. You should be able to complete the application online and don’t need to mail anything. I am not sure on hunter safety course instead of HQL. Google live scan fingerprinting and you should be able to find one close to you. If your local gun range offers HQL classes then they generally have someone that periodically comes to do fingerprints. I called one of the numbers I found online for fingerprinting and met the gentleman at MD small arms range.

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    I applied recently and had no trouble using Google Chrome. You should be able to complete the application online and don’t need to mail anything. I am not sure on hunter safety course instead of HQL. Google live scan fingerprinting and you should be able to find one close to you. If your local gun range offers HQL classes then they generally have someone that periodically comes to do fingerprints. I called one of the numbers I found online for fingerprinting and met the gentleman at MD small arms range.
    You can use your MD hunter safety course for training exemption. You will need to download an image of the completion certificate onto the application.

I couldn't find mine and ended up using a serial number from a handgun I owned pre 2013.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    A little hangy with Safari, but always worked for me with Firefox. MSP isn't paying their programmers top dollar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    adamc904

Latest threads

Top Bottom