Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    And if this were in Massachusetts (I think) the lady who broke into the home wouldn’t be charged with a crime. Hope they don’t charge the homeowner but we all know Frosh has a hard on for screwing over law abiding gun owners

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ClutchyMcClutcherson

Aug 29, 2016
    Odenton, MD
    He’s 80. And we don’t know what happened inside the house. Don’t get drunk and go into other peoples houses. And certainly don’t push past to make your way in. Justified in my book, but Maryland might decide differently.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Just because you can shoot someone doesn't mean you should.

I can tell you at 80 years old if you are in my house I have not only the "can" but the "should" theory going.

What 80 year old man can defend himself against a 30 year old anything? Let a lone someone who appears to be impaired and not responsive.

Like everything else...I'm sure there's more than whats being posted. I'm not sure what else a 80 year old person is supposed to do with someone who is refusing to leave and who might be advancing on them. Depending on where he is located on Butler the police are 10-20 minutes away.

Jan 25, 2017
    This is unfortunate, but depending on the actual circumstances of what happened, the shooting may be justified. If the drunk woman was violent, the age differential is great enough that it could be argued that deadly force was justified.

At 80 years old, falling down can mean your demise, if someone pushes you and you trip, your chances of dying are signficantly higher than someone of the same age as the suspect (31 years).

I don't remember offhand the exact statistic, but if you break your hip and you're a senior citizen (>65 years), your chances of dying in the next five years goes up something like 50% or more.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    He’s 80. And we don’t know what happened inside the house. Don’t get drunk and go into other peoples houses. And certainly don’t push past to make your way in. Justified in my book, but Maryland might decide differently.

Agreed. The fact that he is 80 and that she pushed her way into his home, meaning she overpowered him in some way is likely the main reason that use of deadly force is justified. I don’t think the SA will even consider charges against the homeowner here.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    It's great when gun owners want to convict every self defense shooter.

If I am ever involved with a shooting, I'm asking my attorney to try and weed OUT gun owners from my jury.

Don't take it and run, Clandestine. Who said I want to convict anyone?

We don't yet, as far as I know, understand the full circumstances. She might have just ducked under his arm, brushing past, and that is written as "forced her way past him and into the house." This is very different than assaulting someone.

If someone truly assaults me on their way in, then yeah, they'll probably get shot. But someone in my house who doesn't necessarily belong there may NOT get shot.

This guy is 80. If things don't go his way, he could easily spend the rest of his life in jail and blow his grandkids' inheritance on his legal defense. This would suck if all he really HAD to do was watch a drunk woman pass out on his sofa while police were summoned.

On the other hand, if he was really in fear for his life, then take care of business.

This is also a good lesson to keep your doors locked all day even when you're home.

Bigsawer

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2017
    Cecil
    A prosecutor would have to present this case to a jury. A home invader with a high BAC against an 80 yr old. Really?

cstone

Dec 12, 2018
    Baltimore, MD
    The defense would only have to ask the jury to imagine the 80yr old was one of their parents.

Maybe with a trial jury.

A Grand Jury will consider the matter and the defendant doesn't have a say in Grand Jury proceedings. Thus the common phrase; "a grand jury would 'indict a ham sandwich,' if that's what you wanted.”

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    Don't take it and run, Clandestine. Who said I want to convict anyone?

We don't yet, as far as I know, understand the full circumstances. She might have just ducked under his arm, brushing past, and that is written as "forced her way past him and into the house." This is very different than assaulting someone.

If someone truly assaults me on their way in, then yeah, they'll probably get shot. But someone in my house who doesn't necessarily belong there may NOT get shot.

This guy is 80. If things don't go his way, he could easily spend the rest of his life in jail and blow his grandkids' inheritance on his legal defense. This would suck if all he really HAD to do was watch a drunk woman pass out on his sofa while police were summoned.

On the other hand, if he was really in fear for his life, then take care of business.

This is also a good lesson to keep your doors locked all day even when you're home.

They drunk 30 year old woman did an home invasion. She got what she deserved. If you don't want to get shot by homeowners don't go into their houses when you are drunk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom